You don't toss this puppy out if you have a bubble:
C. Plath Venus Yacht Compass, 5° card
Top quality C. Plath Venus compasses with glass dome guaranteed for life available in black or white. Specify flush surface mounting or bracket mounting. For more information, follow the individual product line links below. For a detailed guide, download this section of our catalog by following the link below.
C. Plath Venus Compass Specifications:
• Full spherical construction with internal gimbal system.
• Balanced for use in northern and southern hemispheres.
• Accuracy of indication: less than or equal to 1°. Lag error: less than or equal to 2°. Oscillation period: less than or equal to 4.7 sec. These values exceed the ISO norm (International Organization of Standards).
• Temperature range: -22°F to 158°F. Corresponds with the ISO norm for commercial shipping
• Vibration resistance exceeds the requirements of the BSH (German Hydrographic Institute).
• Seawater resistant light alloy housing with superstrong glass dome that is insensitive to ultraviolet radiation.
• Dished card with 1° graduation.
• Red dazzle-free illumination for 12 volt (24V by special request.)
• Oscillation-free double bottom compensates volume changes in compass fluid.
• Accuracy at all angles of heel insured by the full internal gimbal system.
• Apparent card diameter: 5-3/4" (150mm).
• Cutout diameter: 6" (152mm).
• Weight of compass: 6 lbs. 12 oz.
• Weight of cylinder: 4 lbs. 1 oz.
• Three year warranty on body.
• Lifetime warranty on glass dome.
• 5° card
• 5-3/4" Apparent Card Size
Suggested List Price
USD: $1,099.99 Online Price