Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 21:24   #1

Best manufacturer of rail components

Hey all,
I'm replacing the life lines on my boat and have found that there are several manufacturers of fittings/tubing etc.. Of course there is quite a price difference between vendors as well but I don't even know if I'm comparing apples to apples since the price changes largely depending on the manufacturer of the fittings. I'm also aware that some suppliers typically have inflated prices, so I'm not necessarily inclined to think that the most expensive is the automatically the best quality.

Any ideas on which co. manufactures the highest quality tubing/fittings?
I'm not entirely sure that I want to do the pieced together system but I'm intending on comparing that route w/ a custom manufactured/welded rail.

Any other ideas about what I should consider in this venture would also be appreciated.
Thanks
nimbus42 is offline   Reply With Quote