Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2012, 02:18   #1

Boat: William Bollard, Gypsy Wave, 28'
Bathroom Floor Products

I need to start building the head soon, and I'm looking for good products to use for the floor.

Floor needs to be removable, must be ascetically pleasing, totally water proof and easy to clean.

I was thinking towards a liquid plastic sort of thing that i can mix and pour, as i can frame and then form-work everything then pour the goop.

Anyone got any good ideas on a product to use?

Thanks in advance

Matthew
Old 27-08-2012, 02:35   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer.
Re: Bathroom Floor Products

Make a cheap wooden mold, or plug, and then make a fiberglass tray from this mold.
It's not as difficult as it sounds.
noelex 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 02:41   #3

Boat: William Bollard, Gypsy Wave, 28'

Thanks, but firberglass is to easy and too boring, unless you know a way to make it look like stone? do you

what i would like if there was a way to do it is liquid marble, as a cement product i could use a terrazzo would be close but as its on a boat that moves it needs to have some flex, so im looking for something that can end up like looking like a natural stone if at all possible.

i know that they can makes spas and bathroom pans look like stone but be made from plastic so its just a matter of knowing what the process is and how they go about it.

p.s the head area that i have is tiny hence me wanting to make it special.
Old 27-08-2012, 17:34   #4
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

If you want the look of stone, just find a stoneyard and have them cut a sheet for you. While traditional granite and marble slabs might be ~15~25mm thick, some yards can get slabs ~5mm thick and if you can pick up a half slab from them, all they need is a paper template to cut it to shape for you.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 17:43   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

or there is this product that uses marble powder and liquid latex you mix it and it looks like marble, in any color on the planet or a high end piece of inlaid sheet vinyl cut to size and if you use something like Medntech inlaid sheet vinyl you can customize it with designs and borders.by welding it with different styles...the stuff last for ever it seems..it is the stuff you see in hospital emergency rooms and along the hallways..these places have got to be able to be sanitized and sealed off from the construction of the rest of the building,therefore Medntech can be joined(butterflied) and coved,just like the soles on some sailboats...DVC
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote