Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2019, 08:23   #1

Boat: Tashiba-31
B&G Plotter and Raymarine Autopilot

My Tashiba-31 has an old Raytheon wheel steer autopilot what currently does not work.

My main electronics are the B&G Zeus3 chartplotter and Triton2 wind/depth/speed. I'm considering the Raymarine Ev-100 wheel autopilot.

Does anyone else have a B&G plotter connected with a Raymarine aupilot? If so, how well does it work? Are you still able to use the plotter sailsteer functions?
dmksails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 08:55   #2

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40
Re: B&G Plotter and Raymarine Autopilot

I have a B&G Zeuss Touch and Raymarine EV200 and although I was able to get it to work, it didn't go smoothly. I couldn't even tell you what I did to configure it in the menus, because the B&G didn't see the AP over NMEA2k at first and it was not easy to go through the trial and error of menu selections.
My CP is a few generations old, and it's possible the software (on both sides) has improved, but don't count on tech support from either vendor to make the integration work. If it's not on their product on both ends you are on your own.
All that said, it's not important to me. I like the information the instruments provide, but I'd rather make any course adjustments myself (deliberately). I set a course on the AP display/control head and input the course adjustments from the AP display/control head.
SailFastTri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:37   #3

Boat: 2005 Bavaria 36

I installed the same autopilot on my boat with a B&G Zeus 2 at the same time 3 years ago. Couldn’t get them working together. Both work amazingly well but Sail Steer hasn’t happened. I haven’t spent a ton of time on it either with recent updates in the software and firmware. More fun for me to see if I could get it going than ‘need to have’.
Harveyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 18:31   #4

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 49

Get the B&G autopilot.
CAELESTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 19:17   #5

Boat: R&C Leopard 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmksails View Post
My Tashiba-31 has an old Raytheon wheel steer autopilot what currently does not work.

My main electronics are the B&G Zeus3 chartplotter and Triton2 wind/depth/speed. I'm considering the Raymarine Ev-100 wheel autopilot.

Does anyone else have a B&G plotter connected with a Raymarine aupilot? If so, how well does it work? Are you still able to use the plotter sailsteer functions?
What do you mean by "sailsteer functions"?

If you mean see True Wind, Apparent Wind, COG, etc. on the sailsteer panel or overlay on the chart, then yes.
If you mean have the Zeus3 control the Raymarine, then no.

Tags
autopilot, marine, raymarine