Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2018, 19:19   #1

Boat: Salthouse 33
Anodes and Bonding

I have an anode mounted on my transom and from inside the vessel my rudder,shaft, and engine are directly bonded to this.
As I only have the use of one arm and bad arthritis I am trying to eliminate some of the more troublesome tasks.
I aver a refrigeration heat exchanger and the engine heat exchange (Ford) both with stick anodes installed as per the norm. These both cause me difficulty and when the disintergrate and drop inside the caps one forms a cement like blockage and the other the bits block flow.
I understand the water flow in both these items creates a current hence the need for anodes. My query is could I also bond both these areas back to my exterior anode and do away with the zinc sticks. Maybe put a copper rod in the anode fitting to pick up water flow current???
phil23 is offline   Reply With Quote