Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2016, 18:52   #16

Boat: Northstar 1500, 35'
Re: Affixing LPG metal plate.... "per law"....

I have a roll of double sided Tuck brand tape...we use it in the shop to hold tricky parts to the vice on Bridgeport milling machine. Definitely strong enough...

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
captjcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 19:04   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Herreshoff Caribbean 50

And where does this sticker/plate law exist ?
Old 14-03-2016, 21:35   #18

Boat: SeaRay 440 Motor Yacht

I'd just paint the required info on the lid.

I absolutely love the the simplicity in this......

I'd add one thing, have a cold beer as you put the clear coat on, for job well done!😎⚓️😜
jmcdboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 21:52   #19

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter

- Rustic Charm: No sir, nothing to do with LPG or any other type of gas. That is why I apologized if my post was seen to be a hi-jack of the OP . . . My question pertains to the Official Vessel Registration number issued by our Federal Government as opposed to a Licence Number which is given out by a Provincial office.
This is too complicated for me to fully explain the benefits of one vs the other. Maybe someone else can condense it to an understandable explanation. However, if we are going to pursue that discussion then I think we should ask a moderator to move this to a separate posting of its own.
The similarities of the OP vs my secondary question, is the need to apply 'required' official information to a fiberglass surface, or, in my case, a laminate surface.
I trust I have explained myself to your satisfaction. I apologize for any confusion.
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 08:10   #20

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
- Rustic Charm: No sir, nothing to do with LPG or any other type of gas. That is why I apologized if my post was seen to be a hi-jack of the OP . . . My question pertains to the Official Vessel Registration number issued by our Federal Government as opposed to a Licence Number which is given out by a Provincial office.
This is too complicated for me to fully explain the benefits of one vs the other. Maybe someone else can condense it to an understandable explanation. However, if we are going to pursue that discussion then I think we should ask a moderator to move this to a separate posting of its own.
The similarities of the OP vs my secondary question, is the need to apply 'required' official information to a fiberglass surface, or, in my case, a laminate surface.
I trust I have explained myself to your satisfaction. I apologize for any confusion.
You first post was very plane to anyone ever having a documented vessel in the US and apparently Canada. It's a slight drift but who cares. Do they also have a spec. on no. size?
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 14:13   #21

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
This is not a 'slight' drift, it's a huge change of subject. Go post your question in a thread about vessel registration or do a search on the subject. This is about 'LPG plates'..
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 14:15   #22

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
You first post was very plane to anyone ever having a documented vessel in the US and apparently Canada. It's a slight drift but who cares. Do they also have a spec. on no. size?
I CARE and clearly I was not the only one misled by this unclear question.

and nothing to do with 'planes' either.

Hell, let me start asking on this thread, how do I mark my mooring buoy with the required official plate?
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 15:17   #23

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
I CARE and clearly I was not the only one misled by this unclear question.

and nothing to do with 'planes' either.

Hell, let me start asking on this thread, how do I mark my mooring buoy with the required official plate?
Sorry, I found nothing unclear about his post. Putting the documentation no.s
on a non-removable "timber" is as old as documentation.

Yep! A little drift but a valid question.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote