Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2009, 19:47   #16
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
Get a couple of your shipmates and beer.....if you know somebody with a power boat...you can lift the engine into it and take it to shore.

Then and only then you can drink the beer. (carrot/stick thing)
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:01   #17

Boat: 30ft-Acen
lol. seems il have to slide the moter forward a bit and when i lift it will be about 3/4 of the whay down the boom, il add wood suports along the boom end, beginning and at the lift point, will be ezey to get out of the boat once its out of the cabin.

at low tide i should be about even with the pire and the nasty parts will be exposed so i can place my bumpers.

found more work to do, need to fabercate a new hatch and what not for the cabin entrance the one there is almost literly dicentagrating.

il post pictures as soon as i can finde my cord for my camra, also have pictures for the moter lift.

ooo ya also found a wonderfull soft spot on the deck just forward of the hatch, i know the core is soked, think its getting wet frome the hatch rails, or something to do with a part of the hatch, or a hole somewhare...

preveous owner must have owned a drill :-(
theres holes all over
ShadowRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 00:39   #18

Boat: Shuji Watanabe designed, 1973 Half tonner- Johnnie Brooke
Help with your engine

Hi Shadow,

I found this thread while searching for sailboats in Guam. No luck with that so far, but since you need some help I'd be glad to help you out.
I work on Guam as a contractor (machinist) for the Navy. I work on HSC-25's helicopters on the air base.
Email me or call if you need a hand.

Take care,
Mitch

cell no.# (671)678-3864
SinglerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 05:48   #19

Boat: Beneteau 305
Good luck with the engine removal, seems like you are getting a lot of good advice here, and I have no new advice to add,.... However, about that YSE 8. I beleive that this engine was made around 1976, was told that it was Yanmar's first kick at the can with a marine engine, mine ran great for the 6 years I had it in 1991. Come time for a rebuild and I decided to trash it and re-power. What I do have left is the Manual (PDF format), and new exhaust elbows. Your's for free, the PDF is no problem, if you want the elbows, pay the shipping (from Canada). Good Luck on the rebuild, and I hope your on the water soon.
Exocet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebuild, yanmar