I'm sure you've all had sleepless nights since I posted this thread .
A quick update .
I've only just managed to get back to the boat since January and with a friend more knowledgable then myself had another look at the westebeke .
It seemed besides the heater plugs all not working again one of the Pistons was not getting compression
So much to my delight ( not ) I spent a few hours and totally removed the whole geni to go to another guy more skilled then me or my friend .
Luckily for me between mr westphal and the previous owner they had been very sympathetic on access to engines and geni so I was able to remove the whole block single
I'm not sure if it's a new feature but for the first time I've put some pictures on I think .
Thanks everyone . I'm back in the uk so as soon as I get news I'll let you know