Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2016, 07:46   #1

Westerbeke 30- How to Prime or Self-Bleed

Team,

My Westerbeke 30 has no keyed ignition switch, it uses two push buttons, one to preheat glo plug and the other for starting. There is a toggle switch.

When I changed Racor fuel element the lid gasket fell out and I ran the cup dry and engine stalled. I replaced gasket and topped off with diesel but it won't start.

Is there a way to prime/ self bleed the air? I just bought the boat 2 weeks ago and drove for 36 hours straight and she purred like a kitten all the way. I'm fairly confident it's air in the system.

Thanks, Mike
mike.mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 08:42   #2

Boat: Sabre 38
Re: Westerbeke 30- How to Prime or Self-Bleed

Check out page 16 of this pdf. Maybe it will help. (Not sure why the manual even includes the W30 when it is for the W13-21-27-33 range, but it does for the bleeding part.)

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/download/westerbeke.pdf

They say my Westerbeke 33 is self-bleeding. Haven't had a problem yet, but I also haven't run the tank dry.

Good luck!

s/v Carpe Ventum
1983 Sabre 38
My Intro
fallingeggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
westerbeke