Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 08:54   #31
Marine Service Provider

Re: WARNING Do Not Buy Nanni Diesel in USA!

Hi Zach,
sorry you are having a hard time finding parts. I assume you contact Motor Service Hugo Stamp, they are not an authorized distributor or dealer anymore. Kraft Power Corporation the Nanni distributor has all the Kubota based parts you would need in stock, Hansen Marine engineering also has a large inventory of parts for these motors. What model Nani do you have? Please contact me directly and I can help you out.

Brook Streit
860 876 6102
Brook6378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 13:12   #32

Boat: Mirage 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook6378 View Post
Hi Zach,
sorry you are having a hard time finding parts. I assume you contact Motor Service Hugo Stamp, they are not an authorized distributor or dealer anymore. Kraft Power Corporation the Nanni distributor has all the Kubota based parts you would need in stock, Hansen Marine engineering also has a large inventory of parts for these motors. What model Nani do you have? Please contact me directly and I can help you out.

Brook Streit
860 876 6102
Do you have website addresses for these? I've found one dealer in Canada that seems able to handle my needs, but would like to have an alternate available in case.

(Or take a vacation in France - I found a dealer there with no problem.)
Old 10-10-2019, 14:00   #33

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish53 View Post
Hence the utility of simply marinizing your own new Kubota for half the price Nanni, Beta or Universal/Westerbeke stick your for. If you want a real horror show check out prices at Torrensen Marine, they wanted $1153.00 for a single engine mount, I made my own and bought a new Kubota and all the parts to marinize for 6K.
More details please!!!

Thanks in advance

jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 16:24   #34
Marine Service Provider

Hello,

Generators, Engines, Parts, Service and Rentals - Kraft Power Mike Marron is the parts guy
Hansen Marine Engineering, Inc. Speak with Jon mills or Steve

We have over 250 Nanni dealers in the north east and have sold hundreds of these Nanni Kubota base engines in the past 3 years, today was this first time i heard a parts issue. The only parts we might not have in stock are from discontinued models. If you have an older engine and we do not have parts let me know the model and i will gladly stock parts for you.

What Nanni do you have?
Old 10-10-2019, 17:49   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
I guess that is so... but my question is.... why not make their own marinizing division if it's profitable to companies like Westerbeke, Nanni, BETA, etc.? Why make everyone scrounge for parts elsewhere or after market companies? Should be a good sideline business for a good engine manufacturer... Like you said it's 3 add-ons to marinize the engine. A Subsidiary company or Department with their own P/L could do this... jus' hate the idea of looking around the Red or Blue to get around the ripoff prices offered by the marinating company...

Be careful of what you wish for. Yanmar and Volvo both do the marinised versions of their own industrial ( yanmar) or automotive ( Volvo) engines ......and then they really command the marine spare parts prices. Browse the price of a heat exchanger for either of these engine manufacturers 50 to 100hp range. I was recently quoted $4,000 for a complete new 4JH-E heat exchanger.
skipperpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 18:50   #36
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

I really miss my old Perkins 6-354. Parts were available at all farm supply places for 1/3 to 1/4 of the marine dealers prices.

I now have a Westerbeke and think these people are parasites. They wanted $350 for a 20", u-shaped heat exchanger hose.

They took a standard Sherwood pump and modified it to fit their (unnecessarily) custom mount to ensure the standard pump would no longer fit. This turned a standard $350 pump into a $1350 pump.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:04   #37

A lot of marinized auto & Ag engines have heavier flywheels hence starter differences.
shakey doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:43   #38
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and belated welcome aboard the CF, Shannon, and Brook.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:45   #39

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Brook, welcome to CF. However, after 3 years I hope he has been able to find a starter motor.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 14:02   #40

Boat: Mirage 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook6378 View Post
Hello,

Generators, Engines, Parts, Service and Rentals - Kraft Power Mike Marron is the parts guy
Hansen Marine Engineering, Inc. Speak with Jon mills or Steve
Thanks for the links.

Seriously, the next time I'm in that part of France I'm going to drop into Nanni HQ and see if I can find someone to suggest that if they provided an up to date, modern (i.e. web friendly) dealer list it would be a great service to both their customers and their dealers.
Old 11-10-2019, 16:45   #41
Marine Service Provider

Good point, they are currently updating the USA dealer page on their site. I will express your concerns with the factory directly next week. If you happen to be Attending the Ft Lauderdale boat show in a few weeks the factory guys will be in my booth Yellow Zone Engine Row 1078.

You should stop by anyway, it is an impressive place! It is the old renault engine plant.
Old 11-10-2019, 18:21   #42

Boat: Planet, Earth LOA∞

while going through this thread, I can't help but wonder of a future with open source standarized engines and even just ditching diesels at the prop with a hybrid system utilizing a generator made by a non-gouging brand.
fcftampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 06:31   #43

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish53 View Post
Hence the utility of simply marinizing your own new Kubota for half the price Nanni, Beta or Universal/Westerbeke. I made my own and bought a new Kubota and all the parts to marinize for 6K.
Marinize your own makes more sense to me than buying propriatary parts.
i am interested in the Beta 20 hp motor. Thats about 15 KW. This company makes 316SS and titanium heat exchangers. 15KW is about 48K BTU/hr, which means that the 55KBTU heat exchanger is about right for this motor. That calculation can be done for any size motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
I really miss my old Perkins 6-354. Parts were available at all farm supply places for 1/3 to 1/4 of the marine dealers prices.
I now have a Westerbeke and...They took a standard Sherwood pump and modified it to fit their (unnecessarily) custom mount to ensure the standard pump would no longer fit. This turned a standard $350 pump into a $1350 pump.
This is what i mean about marinizing your own motor. Anyone that can weld and do some basic metalcraft can make a mount for a pump. Thanks for the lead to a company that makes pumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Cement View Post
If ANY of you have cross-referenced any Nanni parts, please share that info. I am having the same issue with my Nanni Kubota 5.280 HE (62 hp). For instance, the replacement fuel injector pump is almost $3500!

Any help GREATLY appreciated!
The Beta 60 HP is Kubota engine V2403. Verify that the specs are the same between your motor and the beta and go to your tractor dealer.

https://www.betamarinenc.com/all-engines/

We need to make a database for marine engines and interchangability.

jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, grass