Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2014, 12:54   #16

Boat: Farr Phase 4, 12.8m
Re: Volvo Penta 2001 Operating Temperature

What everyone else said - change the rubber/copper/alloy bits - they are cheap and new ones work!
Old 09-12-2014, 13:08   #17

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Re: Volvo Penta 2001 Operating Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR View Post
The pipe you are describing is probably the oil return pipe from the turbocharger. It runs from the underside of the turbo to the rear of the block. There were a couple of different connections at the block, depending on the vintage of the engine. As this is only a drain pipe with no oil pressure, you should be able to use sealant to stop leaks.

Rgds,
DougR
Thanks Doug, I thought it was odd. I knew it was some kind of oil pipe but it is in the same fashion as the water pipes. The other oil pipes have either banjo connectors or in the case of the oil cooler threaded connectors. If there is no pressure then that explains what I'm seeing.

I've replaced my oil cooler with an after market one, as I have with the water cooler too.
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
penta, volvo