I have come to the point that I need to call it. One more md7a is dead.
Well it runs half way w/ smoke so will use it until a beta 16 comes in and I have the energy to repower
. Seems silly spending $10k on a $15k boat. But I guess spending $6k on slip fees
is silly also.
Summary of event:
Blew a head gasket
had a worn channel so the the head was welded, surfaced and valve job. Replaced head gasket
Decked the block with sheet of glass and sand paper. Compression
checked out at 340 psi. No leak down test done. Engine starts. Revs to 1500 in gear
Thought it was fuel
so had injector pump
checked and injectors. Injectors rebuild
. Bypassed ever component of the fuel
system to check and replaced every washer and hose. No change, except ran a little better with the rebuilt injectors.
Check the timing, tested advancing and retarding the timing is at its best position.
Checked the entire exhaust
system it is clear.
Last night when I installed the alternator
I notice that is reduced the revs when in neutral. So the engine really is missing power.
All in all I have spent somewhere around $1500 on a engine that I will part out. Moral of the story.... Be careful if you start working on a raw water penta
. Sad thing is I knew this before I started. Even if I pulled the engine changed the rings I still might have the same issue.
Thanks for the comments during this process.
Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum