Two days ago when I started my engines after sailing in calm conditions for awhile, I was unable to get the starboard engine
past 1000 rpm
or in neutral). I suspected fuel
filters and went below to change the pre and the main. Prefilter was dirty and needed changing-the main from what I could see looked cleaned: but I changed that one as well. I purged the air from the system and fired up the engines. Worked well. For the next hour we motored, with me changing rpm's all the way up to WOT for a short try. Changed the port engine
filters. Yesterday we motored again, a short distance and all was well. This morning starboard engine again would not get above 900 rpm
. Looked at starboard filters-still new looking-changed anyway. Purged and fired up the engine. Still won't get over 900 rpm.
I checked all the fuel
lines for blockage and found none. The starboard engine is making a slightly different sound than the port: almost like purr/roar every few seconds. The port just purrs.