Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 09-05-2014, 18:20   #31

Boat: Morgan 33 OutIsland, Magic and 33' offshore scott design "Cutting Edge"
Re: Universal M2-12

dry exhaust doesnt get run through rubber exhaust hose like you have pictured. It would be pipe all the way. I see a water pump">raw water pump on the front. Thats supposed to pump raw(salt)water through the heat exchanger and into the exhaust. You dont have a dry system i was just explaining how its supposed to be setup, no explanation for whats there.

forsailbyowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 20:19   #32

Boat: Peterson, Sloop, 34'
Re: Universal M2-12

First of all I LOVE your name forsailbyowner, very clever.

Second, I don't know ANYTHING about marine exhaust, but TRYING to figure it out is very exhausting!!

Before you told me that hose was not metal I assumed it was wrapped in a heat wrap of some sort for example. (I'm from Colorado, and only sailed in boats without engines).

The other thing I can tell you is that this system has been in this boat for quite a long time. I don't know HOW it works exactly (trying to figure that out all day). If you say that hose proves it's water cooled then I'll believe that.

However I'll also point out that it is a manufactured system. The only thing "new" is the flex pipe.

That beer can hose may be the wet exhaust vent (shown in many wet exhaust diagrams on a google search).

That "Muffler" might be an enclosed anti-siphon loop, and I have no muffler in the pics between the wrapped line and the rubber looking hose.

It sure sucks trying to figure this out from 1300 miles away!

Vancefish is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: