Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 17:38   #1

universal diesel M-18. Fuel injection problems

So I recently bought a boat that has been on the hard for some years, and I am currently looking into getting the engine up and running again. I drained all of the old fuel that was never removed (black gunk), replaced the fuel filters, and bled the lines. Tried to start the engine and no go... started troubleshooting and fuel is making it up to the fuel injection pump, but not past there. So, I was thinking about taking the pump off myself, but I have heard that it can be tricky to put it back on, I haven't been able to find much information about this on the internet though. Just wondering if anybody could give me any info on doing this. Thanks.
Bandalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 17:59   #2

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours
Re: universal diesel M-18. Fuel injection problems

Maybe a bleed on the pump your missing when your tryin to bleed your system ??look close thats all i can think of ! if ya need to remove the pump make sure you chisle mark it and make sure if ya can to take a pic of the fit and the marks ya made Just a thought
Old 08-04-2012, 09:31   #3

Maybe someone on this forum with that engine could scan in the directions for bleeding your system, although most systems are the same. Also; most (maybe all) injection pumps have 2 bleed points, so you may have missed one. If you have a tank that was full of black sludge you can expect more trouble if you dont get it cleaned. Good Luck. ____Grant.
gjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:39   #4

Boat: Bristol 41.1 Keep on Dancin'

Google Universal Diesel M-18, Torresen sailing has a Universal Diesel page on the M-18 including all bleeding procedures
keepondancin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fuel