Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2019, 17:58   #1

Boat: Corbin 39
To center the raw pump on perkins 4.108

After I solve this problem I will have just to bleed the diesel system, fill the water system and oil and I can try with engine start.

I don't know how exact in center pump needs to be.

I am try with my best power to find the best result.

Pleas if you can help me to solve this.

I am trying as next. On the first picture You my see how I did center the cover plate. I am using the oil seal on the crank shaft.
In red circles are lines drawn with the pencil to be 90° to central red line, where from I did take the measurement to the injection pump pulley. When I did got same length of green lines (attached image) I used clearance gauge to get distance of the cover to the engine stands. I will use this dimension later to center the cover.

But to center the pump I could not get any idea better than next. Check second attached image. I did just push the pump from the center of the cover to the limit and drew the position. I did the same in all direction. So I got the circle. Now as the line of the circle is not perfect, I can only use the naked eye to center the pump in the center of circle.

Is it enough accurate?

I remember that injection pump pulley had some play before. I was considering to by new. But I got the info that they may have some play. And that it should be ok.

So may I consider that this play will absorb the mistake I am making with my way of work?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	345.2 KB
ID:	183823   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	417.7 KB
ID:	183824  

pr2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 19:17   #2

Boat: Corbin 39
Re: To center the raw pump on perkins 4.108

I remember that injection pump pulley had some play before. I was considering to by new.
Her I was having in mind the bearing of injection pump pulley.
pr2501 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perkins, pump