Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-03-2014, 15:45   #1
One of Those

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Catalac 12M
Teleflex controls friction adjustable?

I had the local diesel guys install new dual controls for our twin Yanmars. So far, I'm not very happy with this product. It was installed less than a year ago and has been maybe 10 sea miles from where it was installed. The chrome finish is bubbling and starting to flake.

That's cosmetic, I know, but when someone charges you $700 for something like that I think it should last longer than a year.

The main reason I am writing this is to ask if anyone knows anything about adjusting friction on these controls. All I can find on the side of it says "Teleflex Marine". No model, nothing else. It's simple, dual controls with cables. I can get the diesels up to about 2500 rpm and if I let go of the lever it will go immediately back to around 2000 RPM. It feels like it needs a friction brake. I pulled it off the binnacle and looked inside, without disconnecting anything, and I can't find any obvious friction adjustment.
Anyone know anything about this?

And if not, what should I replace it with that does have a friction adjustment?
Expat life in the Devil's Triangle:
Canibul is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On