Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2016, 01:20   #91

Re: TD Power Marine, Chinese Marine Diesel Engine

Hello again Pagu. I've sorted out the oil breather problem with a right angled rubber pipe from a different application, fits perfectly. It beggars belief that the manufacturers use a piece of straight pipe for such a sharp bend.
Thanks for the advice.
Best Regards.
Bob.
bobthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 09:42   #92

Boat: Dufour35 1982 and Moody 425

So with the curse of Volvo penta hanging over me I find myself paying $2200 to have my water pumps rebuilt.

My Md 17C 1982 with 2100 hours on it no longer has spares available. The reality of repowering wearing hangs over me. Other than the 20000 to 30000 options are there any alternatives.

Currently waiting for hurricane winds to hit in Westport Washington.
NorthPacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 11:41   #93

Boat: WALLER MKII CAT 11M

I have hesitated to say anything on this thread. But feel I have to say that I have recently purchased 2 of these engines
THey arrived promptly via ship to me in south Africa.the engines came well packaged in a wooden crate complete with hoses for water pick up.spare hose clamps, tool kit.oil filters engine mounts,vibration damper/ coupling complete ignition system mounted on polish stainless steel mounting plate ie key switch rev counter oil , temperature gauges glow plug indicator etc all wiring loom etc
the engines where started on the floor before installation in my 38 ft cat both started very easily with good oil pressure
the gearboxes changed smoothly between gears and I am pleased with the engines and service from the factory
the fresh water cooling / manifolds have been changed on the newer models and now look more like the nani / yanmar set up.there was no oil breather issue as in previous posts
the transmission is made by Baysan model M30 which is based in Turkey emails to them with various questions have been answered promptly
at the price to me they seem very good value for money and could replace it twice for a known brand
delcrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 23:35   #94

Boat: Dufour35 1982 and Moody 425

What size engine did you repower yor cat with? And the big question is of course how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 16-10-2016, 10:22   #95

Boat: WALLER MKII CAT 11M

hi 20hp price if I remember correctly was $US 3200.00 each including shipping
delcrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 12:23   #96
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
Send some serious claim to Ms. Zhen-li Zhou and skip the suckers at the customer service if there is any...Good luck.
Send what serious claim....to who....
Dealing direct with a manufacturer in China is a "you takes your chances game". It may work out great and you save some money but at the same time you have to be totally ready to walk away and toss it in a dumpster if it goes bad for you.

There is no BBB in China...
There is no Customer protection when dealing with a Company in China...

It's like dealing with the Mob, it's all fine and dandy until is goes bad and then....
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 12:47   #97

Hi , please excuse me if I'm not using this forum in the correct way being a dinosaur isn't easy . That said
I am the owner of a 24 foot fishing boat which I bought some 18 months ago to my dispear I initially had a lot of problems with the original inboard engine and decided to purchase a replacement, unfortunately due to an already drained budget I bought a TD POWER TDME 385 which I saw running very briefly at the time . Fortunately repairs on the original boat engine worked to a fashion and I continued to use it until now. So having pulled out the DT power motor from the back of my garage and freeing up the starting motor which had a clogged up I surprised my self to see it start ..Happy days however I do require some replacement parts and I have not managed to source a supplier in the UK or any reply from the manufacturer as I only have retail contact. And it was all in chinness
My question is can any one give me a link on any parts supplier as the rubber caps on the heat exchanger are perished. Thanks for listening
Clangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 13:56   #98

Maybe start here and see if they can direct you further...? Or have you already?
https://td-power.site/product-marine-engine/

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 22:53   #99

Yes I have looked at that. didn't seem to lead me to parts
Clangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 08:23   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clangers View Post
Yes I have looked at that. didn't seem to lead me to parts
Did you try contacting them?

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2024, 03:17   #101

This may be of interest....(we're looking at a sailboat with a MP446 and approx. 440hrs):

From: Timray Marine Propulsion b.v. in the Netherlands, replying to our enquiry about spares:

The MP446 is a 4 cylinder 46hp diesel engine and is comparable with our TMD49di marine engine up to production year 2017.
The spare parts of these engines are exchangable.
We do not have a record of the MP engines as they are not sold by us.

www.timray.nl
info@timray.nl
Marinevliegkamp 392
2236 ZZ Valkenburg (ZH)
+31(0)71-4014429
2greens1red is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, engine, marine