Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2012, 12:08   #1

Boat: 37' Samson, Ferro
Sabb Diesel Rebuild

I have a Sabb 2H, 1980, that I am refurbishing in my shop. I am tryin to remove the front flywheel housing so I can replace the gasket and clean it up for new paint. At this point I can't abandon the project because the gasket has been compromised from a 1/16" movement I have achieved thus far. Facing the forward end of the crankshaft there is a steel ring that encircles the shaft (looks like its threaded on) and then the oil seal encircling the ring with the housing around the whole system. The oil seal is pressed into the housing so that when I get the housing off the seal comes with it. But......it appears that the ring around the main shaft actually is holding a lip of the housing in behind it, I can't see anything to confirm this and the schematic doesnt indicate either way. WHen I pull out on the housing with my hands it moves 1/16" and the main shaft moves with it.

I have been working off and on for over a month gently prying, tapping, hammering, pondering, puzzling, googling, and even emailed Sabb America but have got nothing to show. I will get a picture and send it.

Does anybody know what kind of engineering I'm dealing with and how to get my flywheel cover off?

Mark
Borealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 12:38   #2

Boat: 33ft sloop
Re: Sabb Diesel Rebuild

Do you have a shopmanual?

If not, I have downloaded a 2H for you. There is here a coy that helps people with instr. manuals of old engines. Just let me know.
MacG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 18:37   #3

Boat: 37' Samson, Ferro

Thanks macG, I have a 2H parts manual and a service manual but its not a shopmanual that provides instruction for taking things apart and rebuilding. Where do I retrieve the download? Is it here or to my email? if you can send to hti@olypen.com would be great.

Do you have a 2H?
Borealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 19:03   #4

Boat: 33ft sloop

I shall send what I found to your mailaddress. You'll find that in a few hours time. It comes from a site where old manuals are uploaded by people having old boats.
Sabb however, is a reasonable popular engine (from the past) overhere but they are still around. Parts also available w/o too many problems.

No, I have no Sabb myself but I am familiar with the engine.
MacG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 16:51   #5

Boat: Freedom 40

Also looking for the SAAB shop manual. Would be very helpful if either of you could send a link/copy. Thanks so much in advance,

Erik
bad.wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 09:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.wabbit View Post
Also looking for the SAAB shop manual. Would be very helpful if either of you could send a link/copy. Thanks so much in advance,

Erik

http://traktoria.org/files/personal_...ction-Book.pdf
romeo05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, rebuild