Heres a few pics of my exhaust
and a diagram with measurements...
Ok well things are getting a little clearer on the problem, I gotta sit down tonite and add up the numbers but it looks like aside from no vent there are other issues as well.
On the good side, I have found a good low "mileage "(5000) head
from a wrecked turbo car in a shop in vermont, it's in route
now for $460, with a new set of stretch headbolts, $75. and the new gasket
is here from CA $150. Turns out that the Vetus Co. was really the only hard ones to deal with for parts
..they just said not available,.. this IS a HD popular diesel
everywhere but here.
I guess all things considered, $700 on a major repair for a 42' home to be is not that bad if all goes well,..still ouch.
I will get this system set right but will be looking for other options as far as separating the exhaust from the raw water
,.. i don't like the whole idea.
the P/O told me yesterday that years ago, sitting at a dock
, he had the older engine
, before this one, get salt water
in the engine
when large seas from the stern filled the pipe.. the motor
was pumped and flushed but it was a problem then sitting as well as when running.
Thanks for all the input, so far,.. this group rocks...kev
OK the pics wont go, says invalid post, I'll try on a another reply..K