Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2010, 06:58   #1

Boat: Taswell 49
Perkins Temperature Sensor Thread Size ?

I am in the process of rewiring the Perkins 4-154 and installing new gauges and instruments. The supplied coolant temp sender is 1/2" NPT. The existing sender is a VDO and appears to be straight thread because it has a sealing washe. It is mounted in the t-stat housing. I put my calipers on the existing sender and thought I was getting 15mm but now looking around at Metric to NPT adapters I am seeing M16 x 1.5 and thinking that is the right size. Anyone been down this road before? Obviously I can order the adapter and see if it fits but figured I would check here first.
SV Demeter is offline   Reply With Quote