Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 00:16   #1

perkins 6534 m injector pump

I have a perkins diesel marine 6534 m and I ve bleed fuel system.. pumped with lift pump through the filter. bleed the bottom of fuel pump. Still no fuel going to injectors. So I took off fuel lines to engines turned engine over...no fuel through the 6 lines at top of pump....tried the lift pump still no fuel through any suggestions before I remove.. one person suggested that I had a stuck needle valve, or plunger...could this be and can a notice check this repair...?
thanks for any suggestions its time to fish and this is a new repower and help will be appreciated....
john0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:28   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: perkins 6534 m injector pump

If you have fuel free of air/bubbles to the bleed of the secondary filter, then You must bleed the injector pump in sequence.

Then you have to bleed at least 2 injectors, at the injectors, sometimes this can be accomplished by releasing the fuel return from the rail.

But in all cases, the HP pump, must be in the run position...else no fuel past the rack.

Lloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by john0711 View Post
I have a perkins diesel marine 6534 m and I ve bleed fuel system.. pumped with lift pump through the filter. bleed the bottom of fuel pump. Still no fuel going to injectors. So I took off fuel lines to engines turned engine over...no fuel through the 6 lines at top of pump....tried the lift pump still no fuel through any suggestions before I remove.. one person suggested that I had a stuck needle valve, or plunger...could this be and can a notice check this repair...?
thanks for any suggestions its time to fish and this is a new repower and help will be appreciated....
FlyingCloud1937 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injector pump, perkins