Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2013, 13:17   #31

Re: No Exhaust Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
After you get it all back to normal, you may want to find out why you did NOT get any alarms going off before the heat damage occurred. I know the few times my impeller went south I got a temp alarm way before I had any heat build up issues. I have a 1GM Yanmar.

good luck
The Universal engines have no alarm as standard. There is a low oil pressure warning light, and that's it., unless someone added an aftermarket alarm.
MarkSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 19:02   #32

Boat: Pearson 30

After a week long family reunion, I'm back and now have water coming out the exhaust and cooling the engine! Just returned from a beautiful sail and feeling back in love with the boat. After replacing impellers and hoses ect. I had discovered that my biggest problem was restricted flow from my intake seacock which was unrelated to my initial problem. I tried reaming it out with but a 90 degree connector made it tough from above and my lungs couldn't sustain me long enough below.

I ran a hose from my head's seacock to my strainer and viola plenty of water coming out the exhaust to cool. Maybe it was fortuitous that I forgot to open the seacock because I might not have discovered this restriction. Now I've got. To get my temp gauge working.

I also changed the oil and filter. Thanks for the help and encouragement.
Contraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 18:53   #33

Boat: boat less ATM

Having just st contact had my engine overheat because the pump impeller central hub lost contact with the blades PLUS the temperature sender previously been broken, I can tell you that your exhaust hose after the injection elbow melted the inside lining without deforming the outside PLUS my water lift box melted on the inlet.

GOOD LUCK - an expensive mistake for us both.
svstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 07:28   #34

Boat: Pearson 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by svstrider View Post
Having just st contact had my engine overheat because the pump impeller central hub lost contact with the blades PLUS the temperature sender previously been broken, I can tell you that your exhaust hose after the injection elbow melted the inside lining without deforming the outside PLUS my water lift box melted on the inlet.

GOOD LUCK - an expensive mistake for us both.
I'm all fixed up and was very lucky dollar wise. My water lift box is mettle and continues to function well. I had been told that my exhaust hose would be melted but when I took it off it looked fine but I replaced it anyway. The total cost was about 16 hours of my "free" labor(I teach and have my summers off) and $30 in parts. I'm chalking this one up as a relatively cheap learning experience. Hope you're back with power.
Contraman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, water