Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2019, 04:02   #31
Bailing as fast as I can.

Boat: Swanson 42
Re: Nissan SD22 engine issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtownflyer View Post
Hello Again,

So as it turned out, the injectors for this SD22 were in very bad condition. I found a local diesel shop here in Las Vegas - they did the testing and the rebuild of the injectors for a total of $307 USD.

I have stripped down the heat exchanger and tested. Now ready for paint.

The exhaust manifold appears to be a tri-function contraption: 1) coolant reservoir, exhaust manifold and intake manifold all wrapped into one unit. The manifold is stamped "made in Canada". It has a casting number also but I can't seem to determine who the original manufacturer might be. It looks like the air intake filter fits into a port on the underside of this manifold.

Question: I'm having some difficulty in just locating the correct oil filter for this motor. The previous owner had installed a remote oil filter which I do not want to use. Best part number I can come up with is: WIX 51512 or ACDelco PF60, or equivalent. Wondering what make/model oil filter you are using on your engine ?

Few photos attached. Thx, Jim
That was a very good price on the injector rebuild. I am jealous.

As for the oil filter, I use the Ryco Z149 or a compatible model from our local car parts place, a chain called Repco. It looks like a pretty "normal" filter to me, though a bit larger than the regular car engine filter. No anti-backflow valve from memory.

Old 17-04-2019, 09:59   #32

Re: Nissan SD22 engine issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
That was a very good price on the injector rebuild. I am jealous.

As for the oil filter, I use the Ryco Z149 or a compatible model from our local car parts place, a chain called Repco. It looks like a pretty "normal" filter to me, though a bit larger than the regular car engine filter. No anti-backflow valve from memory.
Thanks Sir. Hopefully this thing will run....

Cowtownflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, nissan