Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2010, 18:42   #1

Location: Cruising the West coast of Sumatra and the offshore islands, surfing!!
Boat: Feltz Skorpion mark 11A, Aluminium 39' sloop, constructed Hamburg. https://photobucket.com/eloise_01
Send a message via Skype™ to surfmachine
Nanni 3.75HE - Adding Temperature and Oil Pressure Gauges ?

Hello.
I've had scare with the failure of my exhaust mixer manifold and want to install a temperature guage and oil pressure guage to monitor the motor, it only has the warning lights and buzzer at the moment.
Any advice please?
Can I wire in electronic guages into the existing wire loom or do I install them separate from the existing wiring loom, like on a car engine?
Also, I bought a 50mm flashing red/blue led light in Thailand and was going to wire it into the buzzer circuit so it comes on when the buzzers are activated, it has a small box to connect the positive and negative feed, so it comes on when the buzzers sound, I have two, one for in the cabin and one for the cockpit.
Any advice on how these would connect to the instrument wiring loom?
Fair winds from Keith.
Old 22-04-2010, 20:36   #2

G'day Keith,
Google, Engine watch dog tm2 I have used these with great success the mob that makes them give fast honest service, they also post world wide. I am not connected to the company just a satisfied customer.

Cheers, Shakey.
shakey doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 22:01   #3

Boat: boat less ATM
Search on here for Engine Watch Dog temperature sensor. I bought two for my Yanmar diesels on the cat and find they were easy to install and work well. I was amazed at how hot the engines got when I turned them OFF as the cooling water stopped. Even if you let them idle to cool down for five minutes the temp rises from 42 to 60 degrees after they turn off.

go to ENGINE WATCHDOG TM2, Engine Coolant Temperature Alarm, Gauge & Sensor to purchase.
I recessed mine in the dash. You can get degrees Fahreheit or Celsius readouts & water resistant.
svstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 22:46   #4

Location: Cruising the West coast of Sumatra and the offshore islands, surfing!!
Boat: Feltz Skorpion mark 11A, Aluminium 39' sloop, constructed Hamburg. https://photobucket.com/eloise_01
Send a message via Skype™ to surfmachine
Ahoy Shakey and Paul, thanks for the replies, I checked their sites, seems a good product. Trouble is, I cant wait 3 weeks for the guage, here at Langkawi, heading to Sumatra first week in May!
I will get one next time I am in port for a while.
At present I am hooking up 50mm flashing led lights in the cockpit and cabin, hooked up to the warning buzzer on the instument panel, also a relay to horn activated by the buzzer, or another louder buzzer if the horn is too much, as I am a bit deaf!
See how it goes?
Keith.

Tags
temperature gauge