Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2016, 07:47   #1

Boat: Garcia Passoa 50, ex Dix 38 pilothouse
Mr Diesiel Hurth GB oil coolers - scam - avoid

I spent a great deal of time research on oil coolers for ZF transmissions.

There were some on Ebay , some on other pages advertising Hurth OEM coolers and then I ran into the Mr Diesel web page.

There page talks extensively about a cooler they manufacture for the ZF transmissions. I sent and email to them with and talked to the rep " Dr. Diesel" . Sounded good. Huge improvements to cooling and it effectively uprated the gearbox

Their cooler was about double of all the other ones online but it sounded better

So I ordered one. When I ordered I said that needed to have it arrive with in 10 days to a friend who was in the US and could bring it to me in Asia.

Dr Diesel suddenly told me i had to have it shipped fed ex over night because they weren't expecting the coolers until later the following week and it was the only way to insure it got to my friend. I reluctantly agreed to the over night shipping.

The cooler arrive the next day 9 days before my friend was scheduled to leave at a cost of 120 dollars.

To add insult to injury when I got the cooler it was the OEM cooler made by Hurth at double the retail price. Not a product of their own.

Stay clear of these guys , not on the up and up .

LD
lamadriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurth, oil