Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2008, 09:46   #16
cruiser

Anybody know where I can locate the service manual (or an exploded diagram) of the Yanmar SD20 saildrive?
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 10:28   #17

Boat: 1984 Prout Snowgoose 37
hey Sean,

...you might want to give the folks at rockville marina, just off the north edisto river in adams creek, a call...very small marina and boatyard, and I think their travelift will accomodate you... they are also a yanmar dealer... it is about 30 miles south of charleston and is sort of in the sticks... but a great little boatyard... we are leaving charleston this week to bring our newly acquired prout snowgoose down from boston, and it is one of the yards we would consider to haul out... sorry we will be gone and can't be of much help to you until we get back with our boat...maybe we'll cross paths on the way...

George & Doris
S/V "Grace"
1984 Prout Snowgoose 37
captfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 10:35   #18
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by captfolly View Post
hey Sean,

...you might want to give the folks at rockville marina, just off the north edisto river in adams creek, a call...very small marina and boatyard, and I think their travelift will accomodate you... they are also a yanmar dealer... it is about 30 miles south of charleston and is sort of in the sticks... but a great little boatyard... we are leaving charleston this week to bring our newly acquired prout snowgoose down from boston, and it is one of the yards we would consider to haul out... sorry we will be gone and can't be of much help to you until we get back with our boat...maybe we'll cross paths on the way...

George & Doris
S/V "Grace"
1984 Prout Snowgoose 37
Congrats on the new boat! I was looking at that model myself. Didn't find one in my price range that was in good shape. If only our boats could trade places... much easier deliveries all around.

I'll kee an eye out. You won't miss me. There are only 10 of my boats in the USA. So are you starting the delivery right away, as in this week? If you are... BRRRR!!!

I will give the marina a call. Is it pretty casual there? As in, can I do change the seals myself and pay for the haul out and parts, or will they charge me for labor too and force me to use their labor?

Thanks for the tip.
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 11:15   #19

Boat: 1984 Prout Snowgoose 37
yeah, a "get 'er done" delivery...the marina rates go up radically in may up in boston so we need to fix what we can and get the boat down south to work on her...the sillette outdrive has some corrosion issues but we're hoping it will make it down here to fix up the boat...needs a LOT of tlc...!...so the boat was just in our budget range (we stretched a bit!) we tried to get a window to come back in december, but a little too much snow for us!

the boatyard is quite casual...I don't think they are a "do it yourself" yard but I think if you do a haulout and buy parts from them you might be able to install them yourself...but you will have to talk to them...they weren't totally against the idea when I informally asked them about hauling our snowgoose there.... the location is beautiful, big oak trees, VERY rural...
captfolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saildrive