Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2015, 23:21   #1

M3-20B universal/kubota crossover for parts

I am looking for injectors/universal injector ar about $400 would like to know what model kubota will work any help would be appreciated thanks.

captrick2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:18   #2

Boat: Columbia 36
Re: M3-20B universal/kubota crossover for parts

That's a Kubota D640 engine from a G6200 tractor. Your local or online Kubota tractor shop will have them, my local shop prices them at $71 each. I found a pair of new ones on Ebay for $40 each about a year ago. Search "Kubota injector nozzle", you'll get lots of hits. There's a lot of used ones there for not much cheaper than new, and probably no better than what you have. Go new. All of the smaller Kubotas use the same nozzle and the part number has changed many times over the years. Pull one of yours out and compare with the ones you are shopping. If it looks the same, it is. The ones that are diferent look way different. All Universal diesel parts except the alternator, exhaust manifold, and water pump">raw water pump can be had from Kubota for a fraction of Westerbeke's criminal prices. Same exact parts, Westerbeke just repackages them. Those are very expensive packages.
capt jgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 16:33   #3

Boat: Catalina 30'

I know it's old... but incase anyone else is banging their heads against a bulkhead trying to find Universal M3-20B parts.

I spoke to Kubota today, and they could not verify the Kubota block for Universal M3-20B; I told him I read it was the Kubota D600... he said it's so old they hardly have any information. Giving them the engine SN doesn't work as it's supposedly a Universal specific number (from when they bought it). As I only had the D600 to go off of, he sent me that IPB, many of the items seem to be exactly the same even same diagrams you'll see in the Universal IPB.
So here it is for anyone wanting it... and any better information out there please let me/us know

If the file doesn't upload (new here) email me and I'll be happy to send it from gmail.
edjfinn@gmail.com
EdFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 04:56   #4
Marine Service Provider

The Kubota serial number is just under the injection pump.
This engine should be the D722.
NCboatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 20:39   #5

Boat: Catalina 30'

Thanks...
I will check this weekend, I read it's also stamped on the dipstick, however also read that may not always be the case.
EdFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 09:53   #6

Boat: Pearson 28

Looks like the Universal M3-20B is definitely a Kubota D640 engine out of a G6200 Tractor. Does anyone know how to look up part numbers for this engine/tracker. I need a rear oil seal and all the other gaskets needed to replace this part (I believe that just the oil pan gasket). Westerbeke doesn't have either part and has to go through purchasing to order. I just want to do this direct, so have tried contacting a Kubota Tractor dealer. But, I don't know part numbers and don't what to purchase anything until I am certain I am getting the part I need for my Universal. Thanks for any help.
dadsdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 10:01   #7

Boat: Pearson 28

Ok...just answered my own question. So here is the illustrated catalog to look up parts for the Kubota G6200 Tractor.

http://kpadweb.kubota.co.jp/kpad2/Pa...an=&dispType=0

The way I found this was by going to the Kubota Trator website. Go to PARTS, then find the ILLUSTRATED PARTS tab. Accept the terms, type in G6200 and click the OPEN tab. you should get a complete illustrated parts manual.
dadsdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 14:44   #8

I have a 1988 universal westerbeke M3-20B in my Catalina 27 that needs a heat exchanger. The heat exchanger serial # is 2L2928E208. I am working with my local marina to try and find this part which to date has failed. I have called Westerbeke in Massachusetts and they were no help! The marina repair staff has made an exhaustive search, anyone know where to find his thing? The engine is useless without this part...
jaycmanning is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts