Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 07:48   #1

Lake Worth Yanmar Help

We are heading out today to sail south for Lake Worth having given up on fixing our engine in Jacksonville. See the other thread for details on the engine from hell.

If anyone can refer a top notch diesel mechanic in the Lake Worth area we are going to need one. I do not mean a "parts changer" typical diesel guy who will make guesses and throw my money away on them. I have worked with enough of those types already here in JAX. I need a true old fashioned mechanic who can and will test compression, leak down and exhaust back pressure and who can determine the true problem and help fix it.

Thanks!

Terry
Tspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:08   #2

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 25 "Turtle"
Check my post on the other thread before letting anyone else waste your money for you. Take your time, try to have some fun on the way there. Don't go if it's crappy. A few days one way or the other won't make any difference and as I've heard said by people much better atuned than me "in a hundreds years nobody will remember this mess".

I will however sacrifice a small animal for you just in case...........m

Tags
lake worth, yanmar