Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2014, 06:36   #1

Boat: Lagoon 500 2013
Lagoon Fuel Switching Question

My Lagoon 500 has a Pull Switch under the port and starboard rear bunks. The owners manual calls them "pull Switch for transfer fuel tanks. At the moment both are in the closed position and each engine draws from the tank on its side.

I now have a transmission problem with the starboard engine so I have shut it down. I may need to access the starboard fuel to use in the port engine to get me back into the dock.

Can anyone tell me which pull switch to open to allow the port side to draw from the starboard tank?
Thanks,
Doug
Matauri500
matauri500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 05:57   #2

Boat: Steel schooner 30 mtrs
Send a message via Skype™ to h the boat
Thumbs up Re: Lagoon Fuel Switching Question

Hi Doug, You vessel has unfortunately a poor designed fuel system, (unless it has subsequently been fitted with a cross over valve, which should be mentioned in the handbook), the only method you can use, is to pull both valves to the open position, the fuel will slowly even out from one tank to the other, until they both have similar amounts.. Rgds h the boat.
h the boat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, lagoon