So the day started off a little slow. I donated three new crush washers to the bilge
. A few choice words were said with each donation. Glad I use a rerouted oil line, as it was all I could do to just get the big banjo bolt re-installed. Had to do it by feel, after removing the alternator
. There was no way I was taking that starter off, if it did not need to come out. I added padding and secured the new oil line to several locations on the engine
,so vibration was minimized.
Then part two which was installing a better fuse holder. Alas I could not install/ reach the hot wire by the starter to crimp the new fuse wire on. More cussing ensued, including questioning the parentage of various Yanmar
So caped off the old wire and ran a new wire to my DC panel located directly above the rear of the engine
. That was much easier and I have the new fuse holder in a location that allows easy serving, if needed. Secured the new wire and life was good.
Then got the prop shaft connected and tied off various, wires, hoses, etc with zip ties.
You know, I'm not bored anymore. Three weeks ago when I realized that the engine HAD to come out and then HAD to be taken completely apart, well I was just a little psychotic there for a bit. It was a daunting task and at times I was a little overwhelmed, (maybe more then a little), with how much work was needed.
I want to again thank the very fine people who donated money
to the SC engine fund. It was an unexpected windfall and I know, I would not be finished with the project
now, without the very generous help of the very fine people that are on this board.
I also what the thank everyone here for their words of encouragement. That also made it easier to finish the project
. The folks here are the best. Thank you all!
What an adventure. OK time for a little R&R. Happy Girl!!!!