Me I would install the electric pump
inline as the extra valves and such give more potential leak points. i would get one that allows draw through. So easy that way..
Well the engine
is back together. Just need to install the alternator
which will go on tomorrow.
Only blonde thing I did was install the engine mounting brackets upside down. But THAT'S fixed.
I also changed out the prop packing gland
. It did not really need to be changed but access was really easy without the v-drive in the way. That was easy too. Only a small stream of water
came in and the bilge pump
did not even come on. I ran it on manual to get the water
out of the bilge
Just need to remove the old exhaust
hose. New hose should be in later this week.
So the great blonde diesel
is just about over. So Thursday morning the engine get's reinstalled. Though it will be another day or two before the engine is ready to start. It will have taken about a month from start to end to get all the work done.
The engine tear down was really messy. The installation
was not bad at all. I still can't believe I did it all. I did have some help on the disassembly. But I did the engine build all by myself. Pretty neat.