I replaced the control pod that came with Boracay as the old plastic lever had broken. The old cables
worked just fine.
Some thoughts from a few years ago:-
* There are a few very small but irreplaceable parts
in the control pod. Be very careful not to loose them.
* Part of my problem was that the gearbox
was not functioning correctly. I fixed this by replacing the gearbox
. It may be possible to check this by moving the lever on the gearbox forward or backwards. This must be done with the engine
stopped for safety
* My control pod could be wired to be forward or reverse. Gave me a headache working it out.
* The cables
may be used by trucks. If money
is tight taking your old cable to a truck shop may get what you need, or searching online may help.
* Check your cable lengths by running the cables smoothly from the control pod to the transmission
and engine controls. Allow for ties to secure them away from trouble. Make a note of where they end and the adjustments. Some light adjustment to lengths could be made by making the bends slightly sharper or gentler, but if they are really the wrong length you'll have to buy new ones.
* There cables may be adjustable by way of a nut on the cable. Allow for this when you are working out the correct cable length.
* Talk with your chandler about getting the correct length cable.