Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2017, 10:19   #1

Boat: Little Harbor 46 (1988)
Engine hours to NMEA2k MFD

I have a Westerbeke engine without the original gauges and control panel. They were replaced with VDO gauges by a previous owner, about 800 engine hours ago. The digital LCD readout of engine hours on the tachometer seems to have died. It's been flaky for a while but now seems to just stay off. I don't know if it is still accumulating hours and just not displaying them.

As an alternative I always thought it would be handy if engine hours were fed to my MFD (B&G Zues) and recorded there. My trip log would then nicely show engine hours vs sailing hours; a ratio I like to keep very low.

I know there are full engine data to N2K solutions like from Actisense, NoLand, and others but I don't necessarily want to go that far. Is there an easy way to just get engine hours onto my N2K backbone? From what I can tell the hours are recorded simply by the ignition switch giving 12vdc to the gauge.

I have a Maretron USB100 bridge and their N2KAnalyzer software if needed for configuration duties.

Thanks,

JR
jr_spyder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, nmea