Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2016, 03:54   #46

Boat: Bavaria Cruiser 40
Re: Engine Bay extractor fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Many thanks for the link, saved as a PDF for future reference

Keiron
kas_1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 23:37   #47

Boat: Bavaria Cruiser 40
Re: Engine Bay extractor fan

After a moment of brilliance (well actually reading the manual!) I have wired up the current blower fan without having to drill any new holes, install new switches or any other major modifications.

My Bavaria is fitted with a funky soft touch instrument panel that comes with 5 User Definable "F" keys. After reading the manual I figured it should be simple to wire the fan into one of these.

And voila! It was. Quick single cable run from the fan back up to the panel, inline fuse and a couple of spade connectors and I have a manually switched engine fan. It actually works totally independently of the engine as it is now wired into the house circuits but that isn't a problem given we aren't likely to forget it is running thanks to the "roar" the fan makes.

I am still going to look at possibly baffling the exhaust duct to reduce the noise or try to source a suitable radial fan but right now we have a system that works where we can control the fan and only really use it when the engine is running for a prolonged period. Best thing is I have to pop down to turn the anchor windlass on so can quickly shut the fan off at the same time as we come up to drop the hook.

If only everything in life was that easy

Cheers

Keiron
kas_1611 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine