Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2012, 08:20   #1

Boat: searching...
Dieselcraft Fuel Purification Systems

Hello,

I working on the concept of the fuel polish system for my IP - that project is going OK.

But a fellow cruiser mentioned this system (without stage 2), just the separator: Dieselcraft.com Diesel Fuel Purification Systems
He said is used by fisherman's and other pro's. Actually is should be a great thing to get fuel even clean before it comes in touch with my Racor.

The problem is, I cannot find much about this besides the advertising/promising stuff, the video with the lady is also just an ad. I found a lot about the centrifuges but nothing about the Diesel separator - somehow it looks like a Racor without Filter? Maybe I'm completely wrong (or its a language barrier thing) but the whole story looks just like a very BIG ad. Anyone tested/used this?
Thanks.
swisscraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 08:56   #2

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours
Re: Dieselcraft Fuel Purification Systems

Don't know about these systems altho the portable unit looks like it has a Algee X in it with German writeing on it ! LOL But Ive used centrafuges for yrs aboard larger Commerical vessels Ive deliverd, and if ya have the room, and the money, a Fuge and a couple of racors will clean your diesel for sure!! BUT you can use a sea water filter with a 500 mic filter, then thru an algee X, then thru racors, and have real clean fuel for a lot less money ! Ive been useing a system like this for about 20 yrs now and it WORKS !! Just a thought! Ive cleaned a 900 gal tank, with 5 yr old diesel in it that looked like black mush, it took 3 passes thru my system but it was clean enough to run after we cleaned it !!
Old 31-03-2012, 20:44   #3

Boat: searching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
:BUT you can use a sea water filter with a 500 mic filter, then thru an algee X, then thru racors, and have real clean fuel for a lot less money !
Thanks, actually I like the idea with a cheaper filter: But I'm not really sure if my Insurance would like to see a water filter acting as an diesel filter. Is this safe? I'mean what tyoe of filter do y use?

cheers
swisscraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 21:04   #4

Groco Sea water filter ! get one with the smallest in and out fittings you can !!cus you need to pipe it for your diesel system and if the whole system is properly installed your Ins co wont care as long as your surveys are ok ! Ive had the one I bilt on a lot of vessels, I had it mounted to a glassed square of marine plywood and could move it ! I carried it on deliveries ! easy to make and will CLEAN your diesel there will be no more anything left but clean diesel, if its really nasty you may have to clean the filters out a few times but it will do the job. if really bad start with some BAD biocide and if you have bottom drain get rid of all the water you can makes it faster that way
Old 31-03-2012, 21:28   #5

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered

I got 4 of these (2 for each engine) and a case of elements in Thailand for less than the cost of a single 500fg racor in Australia.

Griffin Filtration

The company I bought them from had a 500fg there and I pulled it apart and swapped parts between the two and they seem identical.
Racor elements fit and the factory address on the Griffin element was the same address in Indonesia as on the Racor element.
Old 31-03-2012, 21:34   #6

Those look great Catmando I wish I could get em here had to let my filter system go with the Colvin when we sold it ! and want to make another ! and at the prices there they sure would do the job !
Old 31-03-2012, 22:02   #7

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
Those look great Catmando I wish I could get em here
Fuel Filter Water Separator, Fuel Filtration, Water Separation, Racor Filter Equivalents
Old 19-06-2013, 04:53   #8

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 430

Does this link work for you guys?
for me not..
ErikFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 05:17   #9

Boat: Valiant 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikFinn View Post

for me not..
Worked for me.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 05:19   #10

Boat: Leopard 47 Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikFinn View Post
for me not..

Yes the link works.
jim767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 05:24   #11

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim767 View Post
Yes the link works.
oh this is odd, it didn't work for me the whole day and now that I try it after you guy's replies it works fine!

I was already thinking I might be restricted from the company's USA site as I'm in Asia, and they have the local site in Singapore. But guess no, lol!

Thanks again all!

Erik
ErikFinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel