Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2013, 17:25   #271
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Chinese Diesel Engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Feel better now? Nice huh to ridicule people who are not here to defend themselves. Hope it makes you feel good. FYI: they consider you and me barbarian, much like a caveman: an uncivilized bunch. There is much to agree to as they invented all we like so much today: guns, books, fore- and aft-rigged ships, silk, etc. etc.

Taiwan, Republic of China, is the Old China, from the dynasties. The island (which was Dutch Formosa for a time) was where they (under Chiang) fled after defeat from Mao (1949). They rightfully claimed the whole of China theirs and we, the UN, agreed. But the communists were ruthless and got a firm grip on mainland China which lead to us abandoning Chiang and ROC. They had taken their gold reserves plus had a decent infrastructure built by the Japanese earlier so they basically did better then the mainland.

But they are 100% Chinese.
Feel better now? Do you look at this forum as if it were some sort of therapy?I just come here to "shot the **** " It dosent make me feel better to have to defend myself every other week on here because some like you look at it like its the holy grail of world knowledge and understanding,notice I just keep on rolling,sorry my attitude and(seeming) lack of intellect seem to bother you and others like you,At least a lot of the girls on here send me nice PMs when I am "attacked" saying things like "dont pay them any attention I bet your good looking and have big muscles"!!.. Ok I made the last part up about being good looking and having big muscles... I can have my own thoughts cant I ? I dont attack you every time i read something that you wrote that I dont agree with...Of course I could just check with you before I write anything,that way you can control what gets written ,just like in China!!...
Old 18-04-2013, 17:33   #272
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Feel better now? Do you look at this forum as if it were some sort of therapy?I just come here to "shot the **** " It dosent make me feel better to have to defend myself every other week on here because some like you look at it like its the holy grail of world knowledge and understanding,notice I just keep on rolling,sorry my attitude and(seeming) lack of intellect seem to bother you and others like you,At least a lot of the girls on here send me nice PMs when I am "attacked" saying things like "dont pay them any attention I bet your good looking and have big muscles"!!.. Ok I made the last part up about being good looking and having big muscles... I can have my own thoughts cant I ? I dont attack you every time i read something that you wrote that I dont agree with...Of course I could just check with you before I write anything,that way you can control what gets written ,just like in China!!...
I believe that you do not realize that your posts have been rather offensive and racist. You can't defend yourself against that.
Old 18-04-2013, 18:03   #273
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
I believe that you do not realize that your posts have been rather offensive and racist. You can't defend yourself against that.
I didnt realize that ,but if I was I didnt mean to be .. I was trying to be Nationalistic and with people shooting , bombing and threating us with nuclear war seems like some would understand that(the ones that have benifited from the good we have done in the world anyway) instead some want to run us down and claim that we are racist..Where will all these folks be when the stuff hits the fan? You wont be pulling into a port in China looking for protection saying that you stood up for them on a sailing forum,more like these people will be sitting in a boat yard with an American or western made missle defense shield over there head saying what a wonderful bunch of guys those americans are and they build good sailboats too...A person does not have to be as smart as you to realize that we are in the same position we were in on the eve of WWI, the line has been drawn in the sand and we are all standing there daring the other to cross it! I will take my chances with the country that I have seen do the most good,trust fund babys and leftest do as you see fit those that worked for what they have will surely do the right thing! God bless the USA...
Old 18-04-2013, 18:24   #274
cruiser

Boat: Whiting 29' extended "Nightcap"

Quote:
I didnt realize that ,but if I was I didnt mean to be .. I was trying to be Nationalistic and with people shooting , bombing and threating us with nuclear war seems like some would understand that(the ones that have benifited from the good we have done in the world anyway) instead some want to run us down and claim that we are racist..Where will all these folks be when the stuff hits the fan? You wont be pulling into a port in China looking for protection saying that you stood up for them on a sailing forum,more like these people will be sitting in a boat yard with an American or western made missle defense shield over there head saying what a wonderful bunch of guys those americans are and they build good sailboats too...A person does not have to be as smart as you to realize that we are in the same position we were in on the eve of WWI, the line has been drawn in the sand and we are all standing there daring the other to cross it! I will take my chances with the country that I have seen do the most good,trust fund babys and leftest do as you see fit those that worked for what they have will surely do the right thing! God bless the USA...
That has to be the scariest post I have ever read on here. Do you really believe the stuff you write?
Old 18-04-2013, 18:25   #275
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
I didnt realize [...] God bless the USA...
Man... you got things mixed up. China is your ally in this (In Beijing, John Kerry held talks with President Xi Jinping and Foreign Minister Wang Yi just recently, vowing to tackle the North Korean crisis together); it is North Korea that is threatening you, while South Korea is also your ally, as is Japan.

China's steps are economical, based on commerce. They are not threatening the USA with their military at all. You don't need to threaten any Chinese with your missiles.

Also, saying that US products are great and Chinese products are cr@p is not racist; it's not very intellectual, but not racist. But that is not where the comments stopped; they repeatedly venture into ridiculing other peoples mindsets and abilities and other vulgarities.
Old 18-04-2013, 19:03   #276
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Man... you got things mixed up. China is your ally in this (In Beijing, John Kerry held talks with President Xi Jinping and Foreign Minister Wang Yi just recently, vowing to tackle the North Korean crisis together); it is North Korea that is threatening you, while South Korea is also your ally, as is Japan.

China's steps are economical, based on commerce. They are not threatening the USA with their military at all. You don't need to threaten any Chinese with your missiles.

Also, saying that US products are great and Chinese products are cr@p is not racist; it's not very intellectual, but not racist. But that is not where the comments stopped; they repeatedly venture into ridiculing other peoples mindsets and abilities and other vulgarities.
I give up ,if you believe what you just wrote :that "china is our allie" then I am wasting my time and you know not of which you speak..China is not our allie,they have swore to protect DPRK,they have sworn that they will attack Tiawan if they claim independence,China and Japan are a roosters tooth away from all out war!China is allied with folks like Syria,same as Russia,ever wonder why America or the west does not go into Syria,cause Russia swore to protect them(only warm sea port for Russia) just as China swore to protect North Korea...Hence same place we were when WWI started,lines in the sand...Japan , ROK and Taiwan are allied to USA not China,not Egypt ,not Syria (Russia is) I will refrain from anymore history lessens...I keep saying the same thing over and over,so how can I repeatedly venture into ridiculing mindsets and abilitys,I never mentioned anything about abilities or mindsets I never said anything vulgar..You really think China would like to see the US and South Korea(bastions of Democracy)right across the Yellow river from them...China and USA Allies! thats rich..ha ha ha
Old 18-04-2013, 19:26   #277
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTies View Post
That has to be the scariest post I have ever read on here. Do you really believe the stuff you write?
Trust fund baby?
Old 18-04-2013, 19:28   #278

Boat: 55' Romsdal

Quote:
I give up ,if you believe what you just wrote :that "china is our allie" then I am wasting my time and you know not of which you speak..China is not our allie,they have swore to protect DPRK,they have sworn that they will attack Tiawan if they claim independence,China and Japan are a roosters tooth away from all out war!China is allied with folks like Syria,same as Russia,ever wonder why America or the west does not go into Syria,cause Russia swore to protect them(only warm sea port for Russia) just as China swore to protect North Korea...Hence same place we were when WWI started,lines in the sand...Japan , ROK and Taiwan are allied to USA not China,not Egypt ,not Syria (Russia is) I will refrain from anymore history lessens...I keep saying the same thing over and over,so how can I repeatedly venture into ridiculing mindsets and abilitys,I never mentioned anything about abilities or mindsets I never said anything vulgar..You really think China would like to see the US and South Korea(bastions of Democracy)right across the Yellow river from them...China and USA Allies! thats rich..ha ha ha
The Chinese have no allies, only interests. To believe otherwise is an example of the kind of childish naivite that has allowed the PRK, with Chinese help, to develop nuclear weapons all while starving hundreds of thousands of its citizens to death. Evil requires evil men, but it is aided by a cheering section of gullible fools who help them along, all in the name of tolerance.
Old 18-04-2013, 19:28   #279
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
whats sad is a great country like the US, unfortunately produces people with views that havent moved on since 1925. I mean who gives a sh&t about DPRK. Let them sort it out.

Syria, thats being sorted out ( all these countries will go muslim brotherhood anyway)

teh West, the East , this is all cold war rhetoric, the new battle ground is commerce, and in that the US is up against it.

You know if the US stopped convincing itself it needs to help involved everywhere, things might just sort themselves out. Then it could spend its trillions saved om healthcare, high speed trains, EVs, carbon reduction, social protection schemes, ........!!
Old 18-04-2013, 19:29   #280
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
The Chinese have no allies, only interest
That term was used to describe the US BTW

Dave
Old 18-04-2013, 19:35   #281

Boat: VandeStadt IOR 40' - Insatiable

Racism, nationalism, xenophobia and prejudice aside, the point is that if China sells us low quality goods at a cheap price it is because we, the consumers, are (in general) choosing low price as the primary focus of our purchasing decisions. If you buy your marine diesel based purely on the cost, chances are that you are going to get what you paid for (i.e. low quality). If you asked Rolls Royce to produce a marine diesel for the same price as those sold by the Chinese, they would either produce an equally poor quality product, or they wouldn't be able to produce it at all for the price.

The Chinese would not be making cheap (crappy) diesels if they weren't selling them. We get what we deserve, to be blunt.
Old 18-04-2013, 19:41   #282
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
The Chinese would not be selling cheap (crappy) diesels if they weren't selling them. We get what we deserve, to be blunt.
+1. but the advantage is that a lot of what they produce isnt just crap, its OK ( not great ,OK) so buying OK stuff makes your money go further and you feel richer. All you are doing or course is sending your money to China, But ask people, no washing machine or an OK Chinese washing machine, guess what , were interested in cheap not quality.

On the back of that the Chinese are cleaning up. But of course they will suffer teh same issues , a rising middle class that will back foreign goods ( already happening) , and wage inflation as workers are scare.

Of course its all a great experiment , China and its controlled economy and a pseudo-capitalism has never been tried before, So far good, but well see , as they say.

have to push off now, buying some stuff on aliexpress.com !! ( and free postage , how do they do it)
Old 18-04-2013, 20:16   #283

Boat: 55' Romsdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
That term was used to describe the US BTW

Dave
Really? The U.S. has mutual defense treaties with half the countries in the world, for better or for worse. We are lousy with allies. China? Not so much.

The reason we should be concerned about the PRK is because they are a nation run by murderous lunatics, who are developing nuclear weapons. I call them murderous because the estimated number they have starved so they can spend what little they have developing weapons of mass destruction ranges from 250,000 to 3.5 million. I call them lunatics because they act like lunatics.

"What? Me Worry?" may be the predictable response of "progressives" to thuggish dictators who kill their citizens, but historically it has proven to be piss poor foreign policy.
Old 18-04-2013, 20:20   #284
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
Really? The U.S. has mutual defense treaties with half the countries in the world, for better or for worse. We are lousy with allies. China? Not so much.

The reason we should be concerned about the PRK is because they are a nation run by murderous lunatics, who are developing nuclear weapons. I call them murderous because the estimated number they have starved so they can spend what little they have developing weapons of mass destruction ranges from 250,000 to 3.5 million. I call them lunatics because they act like lunatics.

"What? Me Worry?" may be the predictable response of "progressives" to thuggish dictators who kill their citizens, but historically it has proven to be piss poor foreign policy.
There is no much point to this thread now, its descended into jingoism and sounds like an episode of the soap Fox News.

Dave
Old 18-04-2013, 20:38   #285
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
There is no much point to this thread now, its descended into jingoism and sounds like an episode of the soap Fox News.

Dave
What is jingoism?
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel