Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2013, 10:51   #151

Boat: Aries 32
Re: Chinese Diesel Engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
Rated at 1200rpm????? whats is that?? bore glazing at 300 hours??
Thank you for demonstrating your level of comprehension.

Quote:
i dont trust in anything marine related coming from china
Old 15-04-2013, 11:05   #152

Boat: 35' Jeanneau Espace 1000 DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
On second thought, a Chinese marine diesel might be just the ticket for you.
And maybe you can back up your statement with an argument?

You guys can call me whatever you like , I got many american friends , who know where I stand, and I believe more and more americans are understanding the consequences of US politics. Norwegian politics are massively influenced by The US, and we are involved in Libya and Afghanistan , against my vote. The Libyan campaign was not even voted through our parliament. This kind of undemocratic war-mongering because of natural resources is what will destroy the west, even faster than our unsustainable capitalistic principles.

.manitu

I do recomend Oliver Stones' "Quiet! the secret history of united states."

.manitu
Old 15-04-2013, 11:06   #153

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
S4135CZ7Marine Diesel Engine .

i dont trust in anything marine related coming from china , and by experience most hardware or gear are short lived or fail in short time if is enginered and built by genuine chinesse people,
in other words if someone have a good example of a well and durable chinese marine related thing , pls post it , a screw, a anchor, a winch
??
Oh be careful Neil...You have just entered the realm of the holy prejuduce and racism.

Now I will pull out my crystal ball and predict this thread will be shut down for political reasons....see post above...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 15-04-2013, 11:14   #154

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

Rated at 1200rpm, ok, we talk about a 40 something hp engine, so if the max rpm are 1200 , where is the boost? at 800 rpm?? thats a real low turning dong!!!

Lack of info at the website, dificult in most cases to get parts and spares worlwide, no input from other users or customers, no input from materials used , no data from the builder about maintenance make the chinese option a real adventure, to save few thousands when you can get a trusted quality marine diesel engine , Banzai engines are a tricky option...
Old 15-04-2013, 11:18   #155

Boat: Beneteau FIRST 42

I have had the oppertunity to have first hand experance with two different issues concerning motor products from china... The first being à riding lawnmower my niece purchased for my brother for his birthday... After just one year of servive, the cutting pan has cracked at all mounting areas, the transmition has no reverse, and the motor is blowing smoke... And from mowing à two acre yard for one year...
The second being à look alike tractor built-in china my brother in law has.... He asked me to replace the seat or upholster the one it has...getting it off was easy, putting it back on, not so, is the bolts used are of the type that, are only designed to be used once and installed with an impact driver..
The mower is à replacement item, not to be repaired, the tractor seat base had to be welded back in place..
Old 15-04-2013, 11:20   #156

Boat: O'Day 28

We have a coupla readers who are in China. I'll bet my usual $10k that Chinese diesels have been chugging away there for many moons. The Chinese were no fans of the Japanese. They had to build their own engines rather than import. It was a closed society til Pres Nixon came along, according to Nixon.

That said, it must be mods day off. Or maybe they're enjoying the Swede schooling us Yanks. The Brits are getting out of the pubs about now, so they'll be weighing in shortly. We're in for a bollocking I bet.
Old 15-04-2013, 11:33   #157

Boat: O'Day 28

Another problem is the Chinese don't own private yots like we do:

China - consumer durables ownership
Old 15-04-2013, 11:46   #158

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitu View Post
And maybe you can back up your statement with an argument?

You guys can call me whatever you like , I got many american friends , who know where I stand, and I believe more and more americans are understanding the consequences of US politics. Norwegian politics are massively influenced by The US, and we are involved in Libya and Afghanistan , against my vote. The Libyan campaign was not even voted through our parliament. This kind of undemocratic war-mongering because of natural resources is what will destroy the west, even faster than our unsustainable capitalistic principles.
...and isn't this really like the tea-kettle calling the pot, black? You went on and on about people unfairly judging the Chinese with random statements yet you go ahead and attack the US and some of it's policies.
Remember you were the one that said "Where is the thread for discussing the TDME/M-Power engines"? ,then immediately turned this into a political discussion. Geeez...I hope the mods do close this one!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 15-04-2013, 11:50   #159
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Ive yet to hear any first hand feedback on these engines, lots of smoke up arses instead

I had a good night in the pub n'all too mate

dave
Old 15-04-2013, 12:12   #160

Boat: 35' Jeanneau Espace 1000 DL

Yeah , I'll have to take my fair share of the blame... But this thread was way off the mark before I entered , and I tried to start on topic.
And I'll be the first to admit that I was to easily provoked. But to say that all chinese produces junk , and that is all they are capable of is no more true than that all americans are megalomaniacs wich supports imperialism.

I don't believe in either statements.
The world is much more complicated than that.

I should moderate some of my statements , but so should several others here too.

But I got two valuable tips from this thread:
Look at the agricultural chinese engines, and check out the factories wich produces for western engine brands..

So it was not a totall loss..

.manitu
Old 15-04-2013, 12:26   #161
tsl

Boat: O'Day 39

Quote:
S4135CZ7Marine Diesel Engine .

Rated at 1200rpm????? whats is that?? bore glazing at 300 hours??
Dont know the weight with the trany in place, anyone have some data about weigh?

In other forum i read something about 1000 pounds, and sounds excesive to me, but also i know that old iron blocks like Old perkins or volvos last a lifetime , only time tell us if this engines are junk or reliable, i dont trust in anything marine related coming from china , and by experience most hardware or gear are short lived or fail in short time if is enginered and built by genuine chinesse people,
in other words if someone have a good example of a well and durable chinese marine related thing , pls post it , a screw, a anchor, a winch
??
Wow, some of you really surprise me.
Cummins Marine Engine Kt19 M425 - Buy Cummins Marine Engine Kt19 M425,Cummins Marine Engine,Kt19 M425 Product on Alibaba.com

Do you want a complete list? Go to Alibaba and enter Marine, boat , ship building etc.
Old 15-04-2013, 12:37   #162
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsl View Post
Wow, some of you really surprise me.
Cummins Marine Engine Kt19 M425 - Buy Cummins Marine Engine Kt19 M425,Cummins Marine Engine,Kt19 M425 Product on Alibaba.com

Do you want a complete list? Go to Alibaba and enter Marine, boat , ship building etc.
The Chinese (and Japanese too) own the USA. They have so much money into the US that asking it back would bankrupt it. They basically don't know what to do with their money. They build cities that are empty just to spend money. All that money comes out of the pockets of US buyers of their goods, no matter how loud they deny to buy Chinese goods here on CF
Old 15-04-2013, 12:55   #163
tsl

Boat: O'Day 39

No the Chinese do not own the US. The people who own the US still own the US and want to own the rest of the world. To do that they needed free trade which is short for throwing the rest of us under the bus. They sacrificed jobs to gain market.
Buying a product from a low cost country like China sends only a very small percentage of the selling price of the product overseas. What it really does is it allows the party here make a whole lot more money.

I end my involvement in this thread on a high point. During this resent down turn Harken needed to expand their manufacturing and integrate their sales and management functions. They could have out sourced more, they could have moved their factory. Instead, they built a new state of the art factory just outside of Milwaukee. Support people who support you.
Buy from Cheeseheads!!!
Old 15-04-2013, 13:02   #164

Boat: Ericson 35-2

As far as chinese manufacturing goes, there are three distinct types. Well-run private businesses, old-school state-owned plants and "garage factories". The former is the only kind you should want to deal with. Funny thing is, they are virtually 100% certain to have a partnership deal with a western brand. Why? Because it's a good workaround for the poor brand perception of Chinese manufacturing, and also solves the problem of distribution/service network.

Foton-Cummins is a good example.

A no-name Chinese diesel with no marketing materials anywhere in sight is a telltale sign of the second kind of Chinese manufacturing (old-school). I'd steer clear of it, if I were you, unless you are in China. Reason: in China, there will be no shortage of very cheap spare parts and people willing and able to fix it, so your total cost of ownership is going to make sense - if you can live with some extra downtime. Outside of China, you'll be murdered by spares availability and maintenance costs.
Old 15-04-2013, 13:09   #165
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTies View Post
I've seen a few racist comments. Someone called it nationalist which is just a euphemism for race based bigotry. Telling people to go away because they call somebody out about it is pathetic. The xenophobic morons who have slammed everything Chinese on here need a lesson in cultural diversity.
Jap sounds offensive and is ,but I and everyone else used to call a janitor at the school I attended "Sunshine" and I found out right fast one day when I was older that I was using a very, very racist term when 3 big ole fellows told me that I was going to applogize to Charles for calling him "Sunshine" all those years..
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel