Well. The heating
problem is fixed. Before I tell you what the culprit was I will go over what I did.
Firstly I have run Barnacle Buster through the heat exchanger for 16 hours. Reassembled and tested it. Still got hot.
I then bought new rubber boots and a thermostat in preparation for checking the rubes inside the heat exchanger.
Armed with all this I arrived on board this morning and got stuck into the repairs
including running a wire through all of the tubes. Put it all back together and checked for leaks
. All good.
forgot to mention that I refilled the freshwater side of the cooling
system with the good Stuff.
When doing all of this I did note that there was not allot of fresh water
cooling fluid coming out of the heat exchanger.
Took it for a test run, ran it pretty hard couldn't get it to overheat. So I am a very happy camper.
Boats back on the mooring
and looked over things to check there were no leaks
or anything else.
Here's a shot of the panel during the test.
When I was going over the engine before shutting down. I saw this split hose at the cap on top of the heat exchange. ##@*.
Turns out she has just been short of water
the whole time. . Could have fixed it in 10 minutes, a screwdriver and pocket knife.
Boats are so much fun.
Gunna chalk it up to experience .
Here's couple more fun picks.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app