Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 22-10-2010, 18:58   #1

Boat: Maxim 38 ft catamaran
3gm30 Warning Light

HELP please--Replaced salt water hose inlet to impeller pump,while alternator was off replaced belt for water pump.When restarted the motor the oil pressure and water in saildrive warning lights and buzzer were on.Oil level good, checked and drained small amount of water from saildrive seal.Lights and alarm come on under load then when i go to neutral and revs drop lights and alarm go off.Me thinks maybe a wiring problem when motor slows and not vibrating so much contacts are okay.Any clues or similar problem particulary what wiring to check.Thanks Geoff.

Old 22-10-2010, 20:37   #2

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun
Take a look at this thread:

Yanmar 'Waterproof' Warning Light

There is a wiring diagram attached to it that may help you figure out the problem.

Old 23-10-2010, 21:08   #3

When I disconnect 12 (rubber seal switch) the warning alarm buzzer and warning lights go to off on the alarm panel for both seal and oil pressure.Removed and cleaned
the connection and checked wire,all seems good,for 15(oil pressure switch-hopefully its the one located under and forward of the oil filter.When connected both back up again alarm back on.Problem not yet solved.Help please.Geoff.
Old 24-10-2010, 02:56   #4

Just back from a 1 hour motorsail used the port motor at only 2000 rpm going great and purring like a kitten got home connected up the sail drive alarm and the oil pressure and sail drive alarm starts up .F#@k if i can work it out.How else can I check the oil pressure at least then i will know its a wiring problem.Thanks Geoff.
Old 26-10-2010, 14:37   #5

Still cant locate the problem.Have now done 5 hrs on the port motor so guess oil pressure is ok.Removed the sail drive plug checked wiring up to the join no problems however when I connect the wire back up both alarms come on.???
Old 26-10-2010, 14:58   #6

My guess would be you have a single problem with the water sensor on the saildrive and you believe it's 2 alarms as the light bulb is bleeding over on the panel and it appears as both a saildrive alarm and an oil pressure alarm. I say this as everything is OK when you disconnect the saildrive water sensor.

A couple of tests you might try. With the saildrive water sensor disconnected (no alarm), ground the wire connect to the oil pressure switch. You should now have an oil pressure alarm. This will insure that the oil pressure alarm circuit to the panel is working. Remove the saildrive water sensor and see if there is water between the rubber seals, if no, replace the sensor, if yes, haul the boat and fix the seal.

This is straight forward troubleshooting.
Old 27-10-2010, 03:02   #7

Thanks Dotdon,the oil pressure and alarm is okay and I have already removed the water seal sensor and alls good there ,no water in seal, its when I connect the water seal sensor plug back up both alarms start.
Old 27-10-2010, 06:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
Thanks Dotdon,the oil pressure and alarm is okay and I have already removed the water seal sensor and alls good there ,no water in seal, its when I connect the water seal sensor plug back up both alarms start.
It sounds to me like the water seal sensor is bad.

Tags
3gm, 3gm30, yanmar

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: