Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2008, 05:56   #1

Witness 35

Good morning, Happy Easter everyone. I looked at the Winess 35 in Mobile for sale, an older boat, seemed well constructed but pretty basic and needing a definite facelift inside. I don't know much about the Bukh motors, either. The owner and her husband had lived aboard for years and traveled extensively on it. Anybody out there with first hand knowledge of this brand? It is definitly a "large" boat, maybe more than my wife and I need. Thanks for any input!
bayoubouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 06:31   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Bukh Diesels are slow revving diesels with outstanding quality have been made since before the war in Germany, the company was bought by farymann a couple of years ago and recently this company was taken over by Greaves -cotton in the Netherlands one of the biggest industrial diesel motor manufacturers in the World Most of what they produce is made in India the web site is
Greaves Farymann Diesel GmbH
good luck
gideon
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 07:42   #3

Boat: FP Tobago 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat435 View Post
Bukh Diesels are slow revving diesels with outstanding quality have been made since before the war in Germany, the company was bought by farymann a couple of years ago and recently this company was taken over by Greaves -cotton in the Netherlands one of the biggest industrial diesel motor manufacturers in the World Most of what they produce is made in India the web site is
Greaves Farymann Diesel GmbH
good luck
gideon

I beg to differ Gideon, Bukh diesels have been manufactured in Denmark, and still are! The factory was owned by A.P.Møller/Mærsk until 1995, when it was sold to Aabenraa Motorfabrik (see Aabenraa Motorfabrik - Heinrich Callesen A/S) who manufacture them now.

Farymann distributes them in Germany etc.

They have a good reputation for long service with minimum hassle, but as with all manufacturers, some models are better than others. They tend to be a bit heavier than the Volvo/Yanmars.

Regards

Alan
Nordic cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 08:05   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic cat View Post
I beg to differ Gideon, Bukh diesels have been manufactured in Denmark, and still are! The factory was owned by A.P.Møller/Mærsk until 1995, when it was sold to Aabenraa Motorfabrik (see Aabenraa Motorfabrik - Heinrich Callesen A/S) who manufacture them now.

Farymann distributes them in Germany etc.

They have a good reputation for long service with minimum hassle, but as with all manufacturers, some models are better than others. They tend to be a bit heavier than the Volvo/Yanmars.

Regards

Alan
Hallo Alan

I am glad we agree on the fact that these engine are very good , yes they are made in Danmark , many excellent products come from danmark and we use a lot on our boats. they where purchased by Farymann from Germany andlater the whole group was purchased by Greaves-cotton
see post
Greaves Cotton acquires Bukh Farymann Diesel

greetings

Gideon
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote