Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 14-06-2013, 03:43   #91
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by away again View Post

Feeling the luv Factor, feeling the luv.
As Aznavour sings " come and see the comedians"

Old 14-06-2013, 05:15   #92

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Why. Used seawind is so much higher price than lagoon

I have no idea why, but i'm more than happy with our choice, we usually sail at half windspeed + 20% ....

Glad Lagoon's are the comfortable economical alternative....

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5278.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	62499   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5249.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	62500  

Name:	DSCN1380.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	62501   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0327.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	62502  

Name:	k-DSC_0004.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	62503   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1388.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	62504  

Old 14-06-2013, 14:52   #93
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
I have no idea why, but i'm more than happy with our choice, we usually sail at half windspeed + 20% ....

Cheers.
Well done , as we say a picture is worth a thousand words , and I know which of the two " contenders" I would rather be on , enjoy and happy sailing
Old 14-06-2013, 14:55   #94
cruiser

Quote:

Cheers.
Maybe an owner of a 1160 could provide us with some photos of his / hers interior so that the uninitiated like me can compare the lay out and level of space and comfort
Thank you
Happy sailing
Old 14-06-2013, 17:53   #95
smj

Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Doume View Post

Maybe an owner of a 1160 could provide us with some photos of his / hers interior so that the uninitiated like me can compare the lay out and level of space and comfort
Thank you
Happy sailing
As a future owner of an Outremer I'm sure you realize it's not all about the space and comfort but also about performance and quality. Something Outremer is known for.
Old 14-06-2013, 18:34   #96
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post

As a future owner of an Outremer I'm sure you realize it's not all about the space and comfort but also about performance and quality. Something Outremer is known for.
Yes many thanks , but this thread is not about my future boat is it? I still would like to see some photos of the interior of an 1160 so that they can be compared to the photos kindly posted by the owner of the Lagoon , this forum is meant to be informative to the various subscribers and photos are a great way to do just that .
And remember the rule " be nice to your fellow sailor"
Cheers and happy sailing
Old 14-06-2013, 19:03   #97
smj

Quote:

Yes many thanks , but this thread is not about my future boat is it? I still would like to see some photos of the interior of an 1160 so that they can be compared to the photos kindly posted by the owner of the Lagoon , this forum is meant to be informative to the various subscribers and photos are a great way to do just that .
And remember the rule " be nice to your fellow sailor"
Cheers and happy sailing
LeDoume, welcome to the real world! You want a 37' Seawind interior to compare to a 44-45' Lagoons? Outrageous? I would say so. Now if you wanted to do equal comparisons maybe the Lagoon 380 and the Seawind 1160 which in my opinion the Seawind would win hands down! Now I guess if I compared the 5x to the closest Lagoon in size, the 56', the Lagoon would win hands down in comfort and space. As far "be nice to your fellow sailor" give it a try, maybe it will work for you.
Old 14-06-2013, 19:15   #98
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post

LeDoume, welcome to the real world! You want a 37' Seawind interior to compare to a 44-45' Lagoons? Outrageous? I would say so. Now if you wanted to do equal comparisons maybe the Lagoon 380 and the Seawind 1160 which in my opinion the Seawind would win hands down! Now I guess if I compared the 5x to the closest Lagoon in size, the 56', the Lagoon would win hands down in comfort and space. As far "be nice to your fellow sailor" give it a try, maybe it will work for you.
TTTTT do I detect a little bit of jealousy here , My dearest friend , I do live in the real world , as a matter of curiosity what are you sailing , I am nice to my fellow sailors , and each and every one of us as a " favourite" brand and a " favourite " model in that brand , once again my dear you are going OFF the original thread and please do correct me if I am mistaken , but it has NOTHING to do with Outremer versus Lagoon .
Horses for courses , and then it is all up to the jockey to get he best out of his breed.
Do have a nice day won't you
Happy sailing
Old 14-06-2013, 19:26   #99
smj

Quote:

TTTTT do I detect a little bit of jealousy here , My dearest friend , I do live in the real world , as a matter of curiosity what are you sailing , I am nice to my fellow sailors , and each and every one of us as a " favourite" brand and a " favourite " model in that brand , once again my dear you are going OFF the original thread and please do correct me if I am mistaken , but it has NOTHING to do with Outremer versus Lagoon .
Horses for courses , and then it is all up to the jockey to get he best out of his breed.
Do have a nice day won't you
Happy sailing
Why then sweetie pie you stated you wanted pics of a Seawind 1160's interior as the owner of of a large Lagoon posted pics of his interior, which were very nice. Not apples to apples.
No jealousy here mate. We've owned 8 different cruising cats over the last 20 years and two of those were Seawinds. Loved them both. I would love to own an Outremer, but given my financial status would probably have to own a well used older model as I put my enjoyment of sailing over making a monetary mark on the world!
Cheers
Old 14-06-2013, 21:59   #100

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Why. Used Seawind is so much Higher Price than Lagoon

Ah but the boats do compare price wise so my point was which would i rather have for similar money, a boat that is weight sensitive or a comfortable cruising home that sails quite well, well enough that very few mono's pass us....
Just saying.
Old 15-06-2013, 00:20   #101
cruiser

Quote:
Ah but the boats do compare price wise so my point was which would i rather have for similar money, a boat that is weight sensitive or a comfortable cruising home that sails quite well, well enough that very few mono's pass us....
Just saying.
You make perfect sense and I entirely agree with you , I would have a Lagoon any day over a cramped 1160 , the problem here is that this gentleman admit having made the mistake twice to own an 1160 , and this is his prerogative of course.
Just like you I enjoy space and comfort hence going for French brands
Enjoy your sailing
Cheers
Old 15-06-2013, 02:32   #102
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

This is now just bickering. Time to take a deep breath and decide if you would like to continue in this vein and suffer the consequences.

Coops.
Old 15-06-2013, 03:39   #103

Boat: planning a approx 45ft cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
This is now just bickering. Time to take a deep breath and decide if you would like to continue in this vein and suffer the consequences.

Coops.
Sounds like Coops is about to flex his mussels as a Moderator.

Speaking to Factor and a French factory person at the recent SCRIBS, Factor is nowdays an Outremer dealer who has visited the factory and sailed a 5X and very impressed there are realy no issues. Different vessels , different market otherwise Seawind would not be selling Outremer in Australia.

Seawind, Lagoon, Outremer are all different vessels with different niches in the market.

All good.
Old 15-06-2013, 05:38   #104
smj

Quote:

You make perfect sense and I entirely agree with you , I would have a Lagoon any day over a cramped 1160 , the problem here is that this gentleman admit having made the mistake twice to own an 1160 , and this is his prerogative of course.
Just like you I enjoy space and comfort hence going for French brands
Enjoy your sailing
Cheers
Never owned an 1160.
Old 15-06-2013, 05:39   #105
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post

Sounds like Coops is about to flex his mussels as a Moderator.

Speaking to Factor and a French factory person at the recent SCRIBS, Factor is nowdays an Outremer dealer who has visited the factory and sailed a 5X and very impressed there are realy no issues. Different vessels , different market otherwise Seawind would not be selling Outremer in Australia.

Seawind, Lagoon, Outremer are all different vessels with different niches in the market.

All good.
I absolutely agree. Different strokes for different folks.

Tags
seawind, price, lagoon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: