Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2015, 18:10   #31
cruiser

Re: Who's Going To Annapolis 2015?

I'll be there Friday-Sunday. I'm starting from scratch, looking at possibly buying something small next year, but want to look at the new cats that will be the used cats I'm looking atbin7-8 years! Would love any tips on how to do the show, do you just get in line to see the boats, or do you have to schedule in advance?
MNGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 19:28   #32

Boat: islandpacket

Most you just get in line. Some you schedule I never had a long wait. Some you have to be vetted before getting too close.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 14-09-2015, 20:38   #33

Boat: Catalina 380

The Admiral & I will be at the show on Friday. Possibly fitting in a little boat shopping on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting some fellow forum members in person!
Mike and Annie
Summitfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 03:10   #34

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy

Does one have to be a ticket holder to wander broker's cove (and yes, I realise that question reveals me as a cheap sailboater )? Were mainly going to check out the multis and the charter companies; but I'd like to go back a second day just to browse ...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
brownoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 05:56   #35

Yes ticket required

Sent from my SM-G860P using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 15-09-2015, 07:08   #36

Boat: Cape Dory 33

Not a multihuller, but yes we will be there, probably on Saturday, maybe Friday if we can get a day off of work. (Now there's a four-letter-word if ever there was one.)
Old 15-09-2015, 08:21   #37

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binarysailor View Post
Planning on going with the Mrs Friday/Sat/Sun (if necessary). This will be my first time. Any hints on lodging? The hotels are nut$ and the B&B are full.
We live west of Baltimore and the drive is about an hour and 15. If I were driving in, I'd look anywhere north, northwest (Howard Cty) or south of Annapolis and drive to the Naval Academy, pay the 10 and bus in.
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 12:53   #38

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binarysailor View Post
Planning on going with the Mrs Friday/Sat/Sun (if necessary). This will be my first time. Any hints on lodging? The hotels are nut$ and the B&B are full.
We stay out by the airport in Baltimore.. hotels are normal price.. and the drive in is really very nice, and easy. under 1/2 hour.. and parking wasn't a problem for us..
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 12:56   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsanta View Post
Most you just get in line. Some you schedule I never had a long wait. Some you have to be vetted before getting too close.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
I have no idea what you are talking about... we didn't stand in line at all.. we just got straight on anything we wanted to see... and nobody vetted us... but I'm cute, and I flirt a lot!
Old 15-09-2015, 13:32   #40

I'm not allowed to comment.
Old 15-09-2015, 14:48   #41

Boat: Seawind 1160 Lite

Scarlet,

We did the 101/103/104/114 with BWSS not quite 2 years ago. It was a good week for the family (once our daughter realized she had no interest in learning to sail, just passenger). We had a female instructor (Jen) which my wife really liked - one idiot yelling at her was enough. Prior to our time with BWSS, we'd only sailed a little bit on 30' monos, so learning on a 44' cat (Lagoon 440) was quite the experience. I think you will enjoy the week w/ BWSS.

My son and I will be at the Annapolis show, so maybe we'll bump into you on the cats. I promised my wife I'd check out the Bali's but she said I can't buy without her being present.
indimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 17:38   #42
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40

ScArlet, we were expecting to be there but our departure from the Great White North has been held up. Our top sides are being awlgripped and a soft area in the aft deck replaced - and it was supposed to have been done by July 15. You guessed it - it's still not done!

Anyway, probably not leaving Lake Ontario until the beginning of October, so highly unlikely we'll make Annapolis foe the show. Think of us while we are freezing on our way south!

Cheers!

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 06:59   #43

I'm so glad that you all are going! It's so much fun...

Is anyone doing the "couples take the wheel" class? I know it's probably remedial, and an opportunity to get people interested enough to buy.. But, for Scott and I... we need to learn more since we are beginners. And, being landlocked here, we don't have any opportunities to get out on Cats... So, we gotta grab anything we can get...

Indimini... glad you like BWSS.. we are really excited. We've been just "sailing by the seat of our pants" for the last 2 seasons, so it really is time for us to have the formal lessons... We have 2 years left before we buy.. (I know.. it seems like a long time.. but we had 4 years just starting out, so we are half way. And that time has FLOWN by!)

Brad.. long time no talk to!! I'd love to hear what is going on in your sailing life these days.. when you get time, drop me a note... love to hear from you..
Old 19-09-2015, 07:27   #44

We are going for the first time this year. Look forward to looking at lots of boats.
jcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 07:35   #45

One suggestion: take care in not seeing too many boats at one go. I have found through experience that one tends to pull the best features of each boat into a mental composite of the 'perfect' boat which does exist in the real world.
tripletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis