Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 13:45   #16

Boat: Lavezzi 40, Pourpre
Re: Which Multi ?

It was the standard way to cover the inside of the hull where the F/G is rough, it also helps with noise.
Agree though it's not a good look, thankfully most manufactures have moved onto to better methods.
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 14:58   #17
Marine Service Provider

Try fibreglassing a straight surface. If it's covering the outside skin it will be rough period, but if there is a moulded inner surface it will look good and smooth etc, but that's extra weight and complexity.

Looking closely it's a little rough around the edges and I couldn't vouch for the extension, but the price certainly reflects that. They mostly come with Yanmars now but it has volvos - I wonder if they were added later.

DL - agreed on the layout but outing the forward heads behind the forward bunks is a bit of a no-no these days.
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 15:03   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausaviator View Post
DL - agreed on the layout but outing the forward heads behind the forward bunks is a bit of a no-no these days.
Indeed on some lines putting 27 bathrooms in the boat seems to be de rigueur. Many boats that I inspect these days have more dunnies than my house.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 16:34   #19
Marine Service Provider

I think the later models of the FP's had solid doors between the head and the staterooms as the ones in the pic are fabric and roll-down. If you were crafty you could make some nice mods for a quick improvement.

The Antigua forward berths aren't full double size due to the skinny (faster) hulls, so you'd be considering altering those to storage if you didn't have many people on board, but then again, the engines are under the rear bunks unless the expert extention put them outside the cabins (doubt it).
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 17:43   #20

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Antigua 37 - Ti' Punch

As an Antigua owner, I don't think you can go wrong with one of these boats for a young family. I will concede that the grey carpeting is pretty ugly, but it isn't so bad that I've felt like stripping it all out and doing something different. My boat is a 1990. I think the 91's and 92's got a couple upgrades like solid doors for the heads and a double sink in the galley. Easy enough to do if you really want to.

Ladybug Adventures

The Ladybug site has some great Antigua info too, if you are really interested.
Ti' Punch is offline   Reply With Quote