Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 08:18   #1

What's happened to Nyx Catamarans ?

Hello, few years ago I saw the youtube the presentation of a new "affordable for its size catamaran", and at least the interiors looks very good to me even if I didn't had the opportunity to see one in person.
Now their website is down and seems that the company that produces these catamarans is no more.
Anyone had experience with one of these boat ?

james3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 14:59   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Re: What's happened to Nyx Catamarans ?

I had seen this boat 3-4 years ago in Istanbul boat show. I talked to italian crew who had taken the boat there and had said that they reached easily double digit speeds. The finisih and overall design was very good. It looked a bit heavy but couldn't sail her, so I cannot comment.
I've heard later that they made an agreement with someone (a mega yacht maker) in the free trade zone in Antalya Turkey for the production of this model. Since then never heard again on this boat..
Cheers
Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 23:42   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
I had seen this boat 3-4 years ago in Istanbul boat show. I talked to italian crew who had taken the boat there and had said that they reached easily double digit speeds. The finisih and overall design was very good. It looked a bit heavy but couldn't sail her, so I cannot comment.
I've heard later that they made an agreement with someone (a mega yacht maker) in the free trade zone in Antalya Turkey for the production of this model. Since then never heard again on this boat..
Cheers
Yeloya
Yeah this is basically what is on internet, they moved the yard production from China to Turkey and then no news at all, their website is down.

I never had the opportunity to visit one but it seems pretty well done
james3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 01:10   #4

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500

I think the licence to build them in Turkey was canceled and I believe jsf super yachts in the Netherlands is the one who builds them now but I don't think they have built any in past 18 months
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 19:39   #5

Boat: 2009 Lagoon 440 Owners Version

No information on what happened to the manufacturing company, but you can buy one or charter one!

Charter: Our Nyx 565 catamaran
Buy: Catamaran Center NYX 565 Used Boat for Sale 2009 | TheYachtMarket

You probably already found those links in searching, but in case you didn't...
Jenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 12:49   #6

Three years later it's still for sale...Even priced at approx. 50% price of comparable Lagoon 560. Just like many other one-off boats on the market. That makes me think - if you buy one-off boat nowadays, you pretty much stuck with it forever unless you give it away. What do you think guys?
ranchero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 01:55   #7
Marine Service Provider

Surely no worse than purchasing a custom built cat from an amateur home builder...? but possibly a lot nicer in this case. Both have their risks.

Let's say hypothetically, how much would you pay for a used Lagoon 56 clone for a one-off with no support, basically an amateur build?
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 12:46   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausaviator View Post
Surely no worse than purchasing a custom built cat from an amateur home builder...? but possibly a lot nicer in this case. Both have their risks.

Let's say hypothetically, how much would you pay for a used Lagoon 56 clone for a one-off with no support, basically an amateur build?
I wouldn't be afraid of buying an one-off boat. In fact, I would be fixing one-off boat or Lagoon in same way - repairing, modifying and fabricating things instead of buying them at crazy prices from manufacturer.
Until recently I honestly was considering both one-off and production boats equally.
But it's not a matter of how much I would pay. At some point I'll have to sell it, there's no doubt about it. It would be nice be able to sell it within reasonable amount of time and get at least some of my money back. 3-4 years on the market - by no means is reasonable amount of time.
ranchero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 13:14   #9
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchero76 View Post
I wouldn't be afraid of buying an one-off boat. In fact, I would be fixing one-off boat or Lagoon in same way - repairing, modifying and fabricating things instead of buying them at crazy prices from manufacturer.
Until recently I honestly was considering both one-off and production boats equally.
But it's not a matter of how much I would pay. At some point I'll have to sell it, there's no doubt about it. It would be nice be able to sell it within reasonable amount of time and get at least some of my money back. 3-4 years on the market - by no means is reasonable amount of time.

If it’s been on the market for 3-4 years it means they have an unreasonable or unrealistic price on it. Quite a few one off boats sell for far less than half of what a comparable production boat would sell for yet quite a few of the one offs are much better built.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran