Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2010, 12:48   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missou View Post
We have personally been looking at both the Antares and the Privilege cats. We have 3 daughters between the ages of 17 and 21 and would like to invite them all at the same time on our cat once in a while. For that reason, we are more interested by the Privilege since it comes standard with a 4 cabins configuration. They even have one that is 29,95 meters long or a little more than 100 feet long!! Their smallest is 13.45 meters long, that is perfect for me.
I've never been on a Privilege, but everything I've read/heard has been positive. In his book, Gregor Tarjan says the bridgedeck clearance might be a problem, but I'd listen to owners on that one, as well. They keep their value very well, too. In my online searches, I've come across some well-equipped ones from the 1990s that are becoming very affordable (relatively speaking).

As far as the Antares is concerned, I found this comparison of similar sized cats here:

Antares Yachts - construction comparisons
axel&andie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 13:08   #17

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
I think your wife has the right idea, go for the Fleming. They have a very distinctive look and they are beautiful. If you like sailing take a Laser with you, but for comfort, the Fleming any day! I'm sure most of the sailboats will take you out for a sail too, just invite them for cocktails and send them home with a bag of ice from the icemaker. Lot more motor yachts this size turning up in the Bahamas.
Old 02-07-2010, 19:38   #18
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
What is your budget?
Check with forum member "Full Sail". He is doing exactly what you are looking at. He has a Bahia 46
Old 02-07-2010, 19:58   #19

I don't have a firm budget but it will be relative to the boats where looking at. After sailing with the wife today it's really looking like we are going to end up with the Fleming or a place in the Keys. I'm hoping she has a good experience on a charter we are planning this winter but in the grand scale of things I'll be happy in whatever we end up in. I still have my Tartan and she's more than capable of taking me anywhere I want to go.
Jahmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:50   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahmi View Post
I don't have a firm budget but it will be relative to the boats where looking at. After sailing with the wife today it's really looking like we are going to end up with the Fleming or a place in the Keys. I'm hoping she has a good experience on a charter we are planning this winter but in the grand scale of things I'll be happy in whatever we end up in. I still have my Tartan and she's more than capable of taking me anywhere I want to go.
What size sailboat did you and your wfie sail on that she was unhappy? What didn't your wife like about it? Are you chartering the Lagoon 57 in the winter?
Steve Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 13:08   #21

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat
Dont give up on the Cat idea just yet. Grab some friends and charter a Privelege 745 or similar sized luxury cat and see how that goes. But if a motor yacht is in order check this world cruiser out.
http://www.seatonyachts.com/80expedition.html
FYI I am not associated in any way with any manufacturer. I just like what I see in these yachts. Good Luck.
Old 03-07-2010, 13:14   #22

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat
Missou,
I went to the antares and privelege websites and could not find anything longer than 75 feet. Where did you see a 29.95M yacht? Thanks.
Old 03-07-2010, 21:06   #23
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
I don't know. I looked at those Flemings and they are kick butt boats. If they are actually in as nice condition as the pictures show, I'd be tempted.