Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 06:16   #16
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat
Re: Walter Greene 38ft catamaran

so when you're selling a Seawind the extensions are the best thing ever, but not now?
sandpiper has inboards the extra payload vs a Seawind is eaten up by the inboards.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:25   #17
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
so when you're selling a Seawind the extensions are the best thing ever, but not now?
sandpiper has inboards the extra payload vs a Seawind is eaten up by the inboards.
The extensions are the best thing I've done to the Seawind 1000, no doubt. On our first Seawind 1000 I had my friend John build the 4' extensions. They were a piece of art. 5/8" foam core with a triple layer of core to form a handrail and to strengthen the top of the extensions. Extremely strong. On our last Seawind 1000 it came with the Walter Greene extensions. Very nicely done and faired in well but not nearly as strong. 1/4" foam core with no extra bracing at the top. Not to say they weren't strong enough as they were but not as well built as on my first Seawind. I don't mean to state anything negative towards the Walter Greene cat in the pictures, I would love to own it as I love that type of design.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 00:36   #18

Boat: Walter Greene 38
Re: Walter Greene 38ft Catamaran

Good to hear everyone's opinions. I personally liked the boat because you can see everything from the helm and are not either looking through our lounge to see forward or up in the elements getting wet or wind blasted, so I thought this particular design was very sensible in that respect as I have 180 degree vision on her. She also sails very well, and is very comfortable ride, with very little 'slamming' under the bridgedeck. This has been my first introduction to the Walter Greene design, although hubby had heard of them before, & I must say, it was a little of the 'love at first sight' for me!
annandmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 04:00   #19

Boat: Walter Greene 38
Re: Walter Greene 38ft Catamaran

Just a question- am unsure as to why the Walter Greene is being compared to the Seawind 1000- from what I can see they are completely different machines, but I will stand to be corrected on this...........................I await more experienced replies in anticipation
annandmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:34   #20

Re: Walter Greene 38ft catamaran

Is that the Ibis? Do Ted & Patty still own her?
bedavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran