Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2018, 14:53   #1

Unbearable Lagoon Representation

Just had to say what an incredibly horrible experience we just had in Miami. Two days of trying to see the new 50 and 3 times we were told to wait for someone who would not be available for an hour or so or that we had to make an appointment at a later time. Note that there were more reps sitting around than working.

Worse. We have a lagoon on order and they didn't care a bit. Felt like we didn't matter. Can't imagine how it will be when we take delivery.

End result....canceling factory order and buying a leopard 58. The leopard team was exceptional. Good job Lagoon. Don't want to show me a boat, you obviously don't need my money.

goodbye.
TXnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 15:11   #2

Re: Unbearable Lagoon Representation

We had a similar experience yesterday. Granted we're currently in the long term planning/dreaming stage, but the staff was not at all helpful. The girl "managing" the line to the 40 wouldn't let us board until someone else got off, but as soon as that happened she let some other people board who just pushed their way through. We just grabbed our shoes and left.
Sparreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 15:36   #3

Funny you should mention that. I have been getting closer and closer to purchasing a Lagoon 450S. I was at the show yesterday and was really put off by the whole attitude of the Lagoon staff at the show. I went to look at Leopards. Great people and really helpful. I like the Lagoon 450S but not the people who sell them and less and less the manufacturer as well.
rallyman1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 02:07   #4

Boat: LAGOON 400

it is called different culture.

if you want to travel the world then is better to be open to people being different and have different values than you.

it's fun
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 02:23   #5

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

I haven't been to Miami, but at least in Düsseldorf the show team is made up of dealer representatives troughout Europe. At least I have met folks I know from Germany, France and Spain.

Last year we already had trouble getting onto the boats.

This year I just mentioned to the ladies at the booth that we already own a Lagoon. That completely changed their attitude, they asked if we were just there to have a look at the new model or if we had immediate plans for buying and needed a sales rep.
I honestly said we are just tire kicking. We received a Lagoon wrist necklace that identified us as owners and could have a solo tour.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 04:22   #6

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 50 (aka 49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyman1122 View Post
Funny you should mention that. I have been getting closer and closer to purchasing a Lagoon 450S. I was at the show yesterday and was really put off by the whole attitude of the Lagoon staff at the show. I went to look at Leopards. Great people and really helpful. I like the Lagoon 450S but not the people who sell them and less and less the manufacturer as well.
Those who like the flybridge concept however should have a good look at the Nautitech 46Fly. I’m docked next to one right now. It’s not perfect but I’d pick it in a heartbeat over a Lagoon 45F.
2big2small is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 04:28   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Sparreau.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 04:49   #8

Boat: None at present.

From my experience, both Leopard & Lagoon have full order books, at least 12 months forward. I have contacted the Lagoon agent in the UK, Leopard don't currently have a UK agent. The reception I got compared to the potential sales value was abysmal. I also tried various agents for both makes in the Med', one declined to give me a detailed quotation because the potential delivery was so far in advance. May have to look at other makes.
stearman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 06:45   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
it is called different culture.

if you want to travel the world then is better to be open to people being different and have different values than you.

it's fun
Very well traveled. Don't confuse culture with indifference. Rude...yes...loud...yes...different...yes.
TXnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 10:17   #10

Boat: 2019 Saona 47

And I thought that perhaps that we were the only ones who felt this way. To think that we almost signed a contract on the Factory L42 that was supposed to be headed for Texas. If the factory after sales support is anything like the way they handled the show, then I am happy that we walked away. Nothing against the Texas Lagoon dealer for sure, but I never felt so unwelcome at a show.

Everyone else genuinely appeared to be interested in winning your business. I agree, the Leopard staff was excellent, as was then personal attention afforded by Texas FP contingent.
HighTemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 10:40   #11

Boat: Cape Dory, Cutter,30

I am having a great deal of trouble identifying with any part of this blog and the folks that would pay 4 million dollars for a seagoing hotel.
moctrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 10:47   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moctrams View Post
I am having a great deal of trouble identifying with any part of this blog and the folks that would pay 4 million dollars for a seagoing hotel.
We were not even trying to get on board the Seventy 8 for a look. Like you said $4M+++, and way out of our budget and of little interest to us. We couldn't even get close the new L40, which from a distance looks to only be a rebadged L39, let alone the new L50.
Old 18-02-2018, 11:49   #13
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Good on you, TX.

When a company falls down on the job and lamely mumbles nonsense about "We've been so busy" my stock answer is "I can help you with that problem. Cancel my order."

One should always try to be helpful.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 12:03   #14

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

Were they actually reps from Lagoon or the local dealer? I'd think that at a big show like Miami they'd have factory reps there, but if not, than the bad customer service could just be from a poor dealer.

Matt
Old 18-02-2018, 12:07   #15

From what I could tell, factory reps from France and sales personnel representing most if not all of the franchised dealers in the US. They were handing out color coded stickers to be worn in plain view so that the appropriate rep from your territory would recognize you and supposedly assist.

Tags
lagoon