Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.22 average. Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019, 13:38   #4351

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran
Re: Trimaran - Especially Searunner - Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscoda View Post
Another newbie question. How do I get a 31 Searunner A-frame out of the water for the winter? Will a travel lift, assuming it is wide enough, do the job without crushing the hulls? Or do I need a crane and wire harness?
Having read all 290 pages, i believe on this thread, there are pics of Searunners being lifted by travel lifts with the straps at the crossbeams. i assume that the A frame design is similar.

jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 13:55   #4352

Quote:
Another newbie question. How do I get a 31 Searunner A-frame out of the water for the winter? Will a travel lift, assuming it is wide enough, do the job without crushing the hulls? Or do I need a crane and wire harness?
Hopefully someone with experience of hauling out a 31 will reply, but if they don't, you can probably find the answer in the Searunner Construction Manual (free to download) or send an email to Jim Brown.
magentawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 13:59   #4353

There was a guy that used to post his progress of fixing up his Searunner 34, Corazon. He had it on a mooring ball in front of his house in Mexico and it was one of the most beautiful 34's I have ever seen. He sold it a few years ago. Does anyone know how much he got when he sold Corazon?
Old 07-09-2019, 14:27   #4354

Boat: Searunner 37 Aroha

Quote:
Originally Posted by magentawave View Post
There was a guy that used to post his progress of fixing up his Searunner 34, Corazon. He had it on a mooring ball in front of his house in Mexico and it was one of the most beautiful 34's I have ever seen. He sold it a few years ago. Does anyone know how much he got when he sold Corazon?
You can search Corazon maybe and find some of his previous posts. I think he changed all his rigging to spectra. It was a nice SR34. Somebody should know where it went too.
rossad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 19:33   #4355

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossad View Post
You can search Corazon maybe and find some of his previous posts. I think he changed all his rigging to spectra. It was a nice SR34. Somebody should know where it went too.
Thanks, but I've seen all or most of his posts. Beautiful job he did on Corazon. If its confidential what he sold her for then I'll never know how much, but if it's NOT confidential, then I would love to know what an especially fine SR 34 like that sold for.
Old 07-09-2019, 23:44   #4356

I thought he mentioned the price somewhere. Maybe it was in the boat classifieds section. Not sure. I cannot remember. Mark would know. His SR34 is possible the best of them. You could try to message him. There is a very good one here but a 40ft on trademe.co.nz
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boa...3a3e43303c-001
Old 08-09-2019, 05:24   #4357

Quote:
I thought he mentioned the price somewhere. Maybe it was in the boat classifieds section. Not sure. I cannot remember. Mark would know. His SR34 is possible the best of them. You could try to message him. There is a very good one here but a 40ft on trademe.co.nz
I think that she is really a 37 with a stern extension. A fine example of a Searunner indeed. Perhaps oneof the finest examples of a Searunner i have ever seen, of course Mark Johnson's boat is perhaps the finest SR34. i don't particularily like the "full" enclosure (open in the after portion), as it seems too confining to me in good weather. i prefer the rigid dodger and rigid bimini that Doug Jayne built on his boat SV Traveler.

Question: has John Marples endorsed the stern extension? Does anybody know?

jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
Old 08-09-2019, 16:23   #4358

Searunners are so special now and need to be collectively managed. But who has the time to do so.
This page that has been around for a while
Owners_List
Is all we have to go by and it should ideally be managed because these boats are so special. I believe the design even today is hard to better because of the benefits of ply. Construction costs make them out of reach 2019. So we need to keep the good ones for a while yet.
Old 08-09-2019, 17:23   #4359

Boat: Boatless

Yep, Special boats. FYI. I sold my 31 er in Port St Lucie after a wonderful trip from CT. Drole D'Oiseau may be somewhere in Mexico. At least that was the new owner's plan. Hope all is well with them!

J
Jimske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 17:26   #4360

Quote:
I had my 31er on a travel lift many times. Not a problem. I made sure it was carried near the A - Frames and mine were stainless plus I was confident that all the connections were strong. But if you figure the weight distributed to 4 points it's really not that much stress.
Old 08-09-2019, 17:29   #4361

Quote:
I have a Webasto Heater placed in my port arma. Its pumps hot air to the stern and forecastle. Brilliant because when I close off the cockpit area the warm air flow between the two areas. If its very cold I would close off the forecastle ducting and the stern gets very warm T Shirt weather in zero degrees C.
A silent system that makes for very comfortable space.
Condensation the only issue without headliner?
Old 08-09-2019, 21:14   #4362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimske View Post
Yep, Special boats. FYI. I sold my 31 er in Port St Lucie after a wonderful trip from CT. Drole D'Oiseau may be somewhere in Mexico. At least that was the new owner's plan. Hope all is well with them!

J
Did you get your asking price for her?
Old 08-09-2019, 21:17   #4363

Quote:
I PM'ed Mark and the guy that bought Corazon a while ago and they never answered. Mark disappeared from this forum after he sold her.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:56   #4364

Quote:
Searunners are so special now and need to be collectively managed. But who has the time to do so.
This page that has been around for a while
Owners_List
Is all we have to go by and it should ideally be managed because these boats are so special. I believe the design even today is hard to better because of the benefits of ply. Construction costs make them out of reach 2019. So we need to keep the good ones for a while yet.
i still manage a website for a plastic classic: hughes38 dot com altho i am looking for a trimaran, especially a Brown or Marples design, and if i buy a Searunner, i would be willing to take over the owners list. i already have trimaran stuff on my plastic classic website, which is morphing into a general nautical website depository of information and links.

Quote:
I PM'ed Mark and the guy that bought Corazon a while ago and they never answered. Mark disappeared from this forum after he sold her.
So did Mark Johnson in S Carolina sell his trimaran? He was a source of lots of good information - i've read this entire thread - or are you referring to another Mark?

i just finished reading the Searunner Construction Manual cover to cover, and some stuff is out of date, but i thot that if i'm thinking of buying one, i should at least read the manual. Jim has a real good section of trimaran seamanship, pertaining to any trimaran, because he discusses the differences in handling between a centerboard boat and one with a LAR keel altho he doesn't call them that.

jon
Old 09-09-2019, 07:07   #4365

Quote:
Did you get your asking price for her?
Yes. 14.5

Tags
paracelle, Searunner, trimaran