Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 14:37   #1

Trimaran Blogs??

I was (and still am) blown away by the number of catamaran blogs that were posted in the other thread. This has provided us with some really great information (and more importantly motivation that we need to stay inspired).

Are there any trimaran blogs out there? Out of Cat, Mono, and Tri, it is least likely that we end up with a Tri, but it would still be fun to read about people who use them for cruising. Plus, knowledge is invaluable, I'm always looking for unique information.

Thanks,

Project Fiji
Old 11-11-2008, 16:03   #2

Boat: Searunner 34 and Searunner Constant Camber 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectfiji View Post
I was (and still am) blown away by the number of catamaran blogs that were posted in the other thread. This has provided us with some really great information (and more importantly motivation that we need to stay inspired).

Are there any trimaran blogs out there? Out of Cat, Mono, and Tri, it is least likely that we end up with a Tri, but it would still be fun to read about people who use them for cruising. Plus, knowledge is invaluable, I'm always looking for unique information.

Thanks,

Project Fiji
My favorite is the blog of the s/v TimeMachine. They wrote really well and were funny. Sadly, it is no more as they are exploring parenthood.

In terms of building, the best I know of is the Rikki-Tikki-Tavi. The builder, Clarke, did truly superior work. The Sergeant Lewis is a pretty decent second. Both are sailing now, so far as I am aware; neither write that much but the photos from the Rikki are nice. If you are looking for current building (and can speak Portuguese) try this one:

These all happen to be Searunners. I am sure there are others out there but there seem to be more of them than any other design for several reasons: design is about 30 or 40 years old, lots were home built and therefore affordable. The design is good from what I understand. Ask Roy M, Steve Rust, or Jmolan. Granted, they might be a bit biased ...

Maren

The sea is always beautiful, sometimes mysterious and, on occasions, frighteningly powerful.
Maren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 10:33   #3

Boat: Ex liveaboard, now grounded.
A warning about the link in the last post to the Portuguese Searunner 34 build site - I used this link and came across the same site through other links and references and every time I've visited I've had security warnings come up after a couple of minutes looking around - 'Attack Site' and similar.

Steve
steve ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 12:26   #4

Boat: Islander 34
blatant self-promo: I'm in a Searunner 37, and blogging about it here:

disengage.ca

Tags
trimaran